Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Dec 4, 2012 3:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Hey Nice!!!

I was wondering when this would get a page! Such a beautiful area of the San Rafael Swell. Thanks for making this. How was the route quality?

Diggler

Diggler - Dec 4, 2012 4:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey Nice!!!

Rock quality was extremely questionable in places; route quality was adventurous :) BTW, I was looking @ my summit photos from N Maroon awhile back & noticed that you were there on the same day (you must have passed us at some point); small world!

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Dec 4, 2012 5:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hey Nice!!!

wow that's sweet! Were you the one with the guy who decided to wait right at the base of the steeper rock section? You were with a girl and we talked briefly about how many 14ers we each had left? You needed to be back in Denver by 5pm for something? You were headed up and we were going down...Josh Lewis was with me. Small world indeed!

Diggler

Diggler - Dec 4, 2012 6:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey Nice!!!

I was heading up the 2nd gully to catch up with my girl. Yeah, that must have been us- ha ha!

Scott

Scott - Dec 4, 2012 4:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Coodinates

Good page.

Make sure to change the longitude to "-" so the peak shows up correctly on the map.

If you want to get closer:

39.0061, -110.4706

Diggler

Diggler - Dec 4, 2012 5:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Coodinates

Gracias.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Dec 4, 2012 10:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice to see this...

Always thought this was harder than 5.2 and thus scratched it from scrambling trips. Thanks for putting up this page; I love the Swell and have been going out there each October for the past few years...climbed Locomotive Point this past October and will have a page in the works before long.

Diggler

Diggler - Dec 5, 2012 3:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice to see this...

Thanks, Bob. The Swell is a special place, indeed. Ever since I found out about it, I'd wanted to climb & explore there. SO stoked I was able to get to know the place during my last trip to Utah- it is indeed wonderful, & by & large, underappreciated by the masses. While so much attention is given to the national parks (by the hikers & tourists) & Indian Creek (by the climbers), the Swell sort of falls by the wayside; LUCKY for those with a sense of adventure (well, even more so than those going to the already awesome, albeit overpopular, typical Utah desert tourist destinations)!!! Thanks for the comments. I'll keep an eye out for Locomotive Pt.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Mexican Mountain' main page