Viewing: 1-5 of 5
mjrangel

mjrangel - May 12, 2006 6:00 pm - Voted 8/10

An Epic Adventure!

Wow! This is a great story. Heroic and certainly an epic. It is unfortunate that you folks didn't reach Pete's tomb(adding still more mystery to his story), but I emagine your fate might have been met too if you had. Maybe one day I will see this 37lb chunk of bronze that you so abligingly carried up the mountain. My deepest respect goes out to you guys for accomplishing this task and for resurecting Pete's spirit among his beloved Sierra.

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - May 12, 2006 6:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: An Epic Adventure!

Thanks! It's a memory I will always cherish. Glen Dawson read this TR a few years back and was grateful someone did something to memorialize Mr. Starr. "Pete" will always be remembered for his love of the Sierrra Nevada and the great things he did for the climbing community.

Blair

Blair - Feb 6, 2007 3:17 am - Voted 10/10

Wow, that is one of the coolest things I have ever read!

Wow Dave. What a awesome and emotional story. That is one of the most impressive things I have ever heard of anyone doing for any single person. All the epic climbing makes it even more special! Most importantly, Pete Starr will always be remembered thanks to you, Bob, and your incredible team of good-hearted mountaineers. Thanks for posting such a great story!

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Feb 6, 2007 7:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow, that is one of the coolest things I have ever read!

Thanks Blair! It was a fun trip, to say the least.

SJD

SJD - Aug 9, 2007 6:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Still the best....

I recently loaned my copy of the book Missing In The Minarets to a friend. He returned the book today and thru our discussion I pointed him to this TR. As I re-read the report again after he left, I still think this has to be one of the best TR's created on SP (call me biased if you like).

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Missing In The Minarets: Part II' main page