Mont Tremblant Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Lordclimber1234

Lordclimber1234 - Jun 3, 2014 8:27 pm Date Climbed: Feb 23, 2011

Easy climb  Sucess!

The climb was easy, but fun!

forgues9999

forgues9999 - Jan 13, 2013 11:00 pm Date Climbed: Feb 12, 2010

Hiked the summit

as well as several other hikes in the park. Including a snoshoe hike up "La Vache Noire" in winter

hiker102

hiker102 - May 18, 2011 3:57 pm Date Climbed: Nov 12, 2004

Pre-ski season hike

This was a hike that brought us to a maximum altitude of only 2871 feet, but it was still a fun and interesting experience. It was beautifully clear, sunny day... quite warm and mild for November... and served as a way to try and resolve the anti-climax of our failed Kyes Peak (Washington) attempt a few months earlier.

For a full trip report, you are welcome to visit my website: Peak Fever

mlarkin2002 - Jan 28, 2009 12:48 am Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2008

Gondola  Sucess!

Rode the gondola up and hiked along the ridge for a mile or so, tagging a couple unknown highpoints along the way.

shane SEC

shane SEC - Feb 11, 2007 2:24 pm Date Climbed: Feb 9, 2007

ice climbing  Sucess!

I had a succesful first ice climb which was great no problems and lots of fun but I didnt make it to the summit because of too much ice and snow on the trails I personally had no ice axe and crampons.

Pawel Krol

Pawel Krol - Jan 31, 2006 12:28 am

Route Climbed: Normal Route... Date Climbed: 1997  Sucess!

Climbed when there was no ski there...

Mic32768 - Jan 1, 2006 1:33 am

Route Climbed: Johannsen Trail Date Climbed: August 2005  Sucess!

That was a very pleasant walk. One cool thing with Mont Tremblant is that there is a lot of dragonflies at the summit. The view is great, too.

MikeW

MikeW - Dec 18, 2005 11:16 pm

Route Climbed: Johanssen trail Date Climbed: 2004-2005  Sucess!

Lots of people in the village, but you have to know the area to find some beautiful trails to t he summit of Mont Tremblant that are quiet and peaceful.



I've done the Johanssen trail quite a few times since the summer 0f 2004 in summer and winter with my AT setup. a great way to go down.



The views from the summit is really nice!

tlogan

tlogan - Nov 14, 2005 1:40 am

Route Climbed: tourist route Date Climbed: spring 89  Sucess!

Foggy day, not much to see... way too many people.

James_W

James_W - Oct 4, 2005 10:52 am

Route Climbed: Tourist Trail Date Climbed: 2003  Sucess!

This hill sucks from top to bottom. Somehow it is conisdered a mountain..at best it is a bump.

William Marler

William Marler - May 4, 2005 4:21 pm

Route Climbed: From the ski center Date Climbed: 1986  Sucess!

Long time ago. Fun day. Been up many times on the ski lift but they don't count. Haven't been back since the renovations to the area creating a Disney land effect, except to the bottom of the hill. It is the highest in the area but because of the skiing it has ceased to be a mountain in my mind.

There are still may areas to hike up and around it though that are not as spoiled. Still a nice place to be in the winter certainly better than the city.

Rob A

Rob A - May 4, 2005 3:19 pm

Route Climbed: Ski trails to the top Date Climbed: April 29, 2005  Sucess!

A nice short (3 hrs.) hike. I missed the ski season by a week and a half so I walked up instead of rideing the lifts. There was still snow pretty much from top to bottom, with only a few bare spots on flat sections. I did not have crampons or snowshoes so it was a little tough getting up, also the cloud cellling was at around 700m so once I was in it I could only see about 30 yards, the clouds make it seem like you are climbing forever, they also blocked the view from the top which is said to be pretty impressive. I was able to "ski" down by slidding on my boots using my hiking ploes for support, at one point I slipped, fell, and glissaded for about 75 yards. It was fun, if only I had an ice ax to stop my self.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Mont Tremblant' main page