Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Klenke

Klenke - Oct 24, 2008 10:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Prominence List privilege

Nice page. I've done just one of those peaks.

I gave you admin rights to the Prominence List page.

samh

samh - Oct 25, 2008 3:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Prominence List privilege

Only one? Well then I guess you've got your work cut out for you. * wink wink * Might I ask which peak you've conquered in our lovely state? And thank you for the addition to your list page.

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 27, 2008 6:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Prominence List privilege

Iz done da tallest one-a dem all.

samh

samh - Oct 28, 2008 10:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Prominence List privilege

Well yooz pict a gude 'un.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Oct 24, 2008 11:19 pm - Voted 10/10

A couple things....

Good job, Sam, on an interesting subject!

A couple minor corrections:

1) "Rocky Mountain" (#40 on the list) is the actual name--as opposed to it being Rocky Peak, or Mount Rocky. It's a bit confusing, naturally, because of the immediate mental association one makes with the major range of the same name. Anyway, the name doesn't need to be in quotes.

2) Also, Rocky Mountain does have a page on SP:
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/221899/rocky-mountain.html

3) Old Baldy B (#14 on the list) has an incorrect elevation listing. It should be 9,156'.

4) Which brings up the question: Rocky Mountain (9392')and Old Baldy (9156') are next to each other. How can Old Baldy be #14 on the list, and the higher Rocky Mountain be #40? Or does the "Old Baldy B" link maybe connect to the wrong page?

5) The picture of Snowshoe Peak doesn't show the mountain--there are a couple exceptional shots to chose from on the page.

6) Lastly, it might help if instead of a "Rank" column, it be renamed "MT. Rank," or even (room permitting) something along the lines of "MT. Rank in Elevation," or "Montana Elevation Rank."

These lists are fun. Thanks for putting it together!

samh

samh - Oct 25, 2008 3:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A couple things....

Thank you, Griz. I'm getting the styling of a page down pat and my ability to add proper and useful information is following in a close second. To address your suggestions, 1.) I had a coding error which I fixed so Rocky Mountain is proper now, 2.) see no. one, 3.) I believe the Summit Post page for Old Baldy is a different mountain so I removed the link, 4.) See no. three methinks?, 5.) Thank you for the clarification - I added a different photo but am up for suggestions for a different one. (I was just going with the highest rated/most professional looking and didn't know that wasn't the actual peak in the photo, 6.) I wasn't sure if the term "rank" was and industry standard, if you will. I know what it means having researched this stuff but it isn't all together clear. I changed it to MT Rank as per one of your suggestions. Maybe I could add an * with a note defining at the bottom of the page. Thoughts?

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Montana's Top 100 Prominence List' main page