Mount Bogda Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6

carruthersneil - Aug 28, 2004 12:36 am

Route Climbed: NE Ridge Date Climbed: July 2004

Found Camp 1 without problems. Couldn't find camp 2 and, unknowingly, climbed past it toward the ridge. Decided to continue climbing through the night to reach camp 3 (very high temps during the day made it dangerous).



During the night we climbed far too slowely for several reasons and reached the rough area of camp 3 latter the next day and were too tired to continue. Decided to back off from that point due to high temps, exhaustion etc.



Basically we made a few tactical errors but with the that experience in mind its tempting to have another go!.



Hu Fung Ling

Hu Fung Ling - Jan 30, 2004 11:57 pm

Route Climbed: Northeast ridge Date Climbed: July 1990  Sucess!

I was the first Chinese climber to reach the summit of this peak. I then was the leader of the Xinjiang Mountaineering Association climbing team.

Kristian

Kristian - Nov 30, 2003 6:48 am

Route Climbed: NE ridge,normal,standard route Date Climbed: July,1998

Organised by Urumqi Association of Mountaineering and Exploration,7 climbers summitted the top.

This is the first ascent of Chinese team,led by Wang Tienan.

Kristian

Kristian - Nov 30, 2003 6:44 am

Route Climbed: NE ridge,normal,standard route Date Climbed: July,2000

Four most experienced Chinese climbers,Yang Chunfeng,Cao Jun,Chen Junchi and Xu Xiaoming,summitted the top in Alpine style.

Kristian

Kristian - Nov 30, 2003 6:39 am

Route Climbed: NE ridge,normal,standard route Date Climbed: July,2002

Organised by Urumqi Association of Mountaineering and Exploration,3 climbers summitted the top.

Kristian

Kristian - Nov 30, 2003 6:36 am

Route Climbed: NE ridge,normal,standard route Date Climbed: from July25 to Aug 4,2003  Sucess!

Organised by Urumqi Association of Mountaineering and Exploration,9 climbers summitted the top.

Guided by Wang Tienan,Chen Xiang and Wang Zhuo(a.k.a Kristian).

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Mount Bogda' main page