Mount Morgan Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
nartreb

nartreb - Apr 3, 2009 10:23 am - Hasn't voted

red tape / when to climb

These peaks are on private land, trails maintained by the Squam Lakes Association.

I just saw an online report (April 3, 2009) that the parking lot has been roped off and the trails posted as closed (presumably by the landowner and/or the SLA) due to "spring conditions". Not clear how long that will last or whether this is a regular yearly practice.

EastKing

EastKing - Apr 5, 2009 2:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: red tape / when to climb

Thank you very much for the update. I put in the front of my page and will be calling up for more information.

Take care,

EK

nartreb

nartreb - Dec 11, 2011 9:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: red tape / when to climb

Parking lots are currently open (and snow-free for the moment). There are actually three lots: one for the Percival trail, one for the Morgan trail, and one (directly across from the Morgan trail) for the Rattlesnake hills (Bridle Trail I think was the trail name)
The Morse trail joins the Percival and Morgan trails very near their lower ends, so you can do the loop without any road walk.

EastKing

EastKing - Dec 14, 2011 12:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: red tape / when to climb

Thank you for the update. Will be updating in the Morgan and Percival page soon. No snow at the parking area; now that is shocking for this time of year!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mount Morgan' main page