Mount Nebo Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Paul Burkholder

Paul Burkholder - Oct 31, 2002 1:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the page. I get to SLC often and now I have another objective! I am a little confused by your directions to Andrew's ridge. On the main page, you say the North Approach goes thru Payson and then ends up in the Nebo Bench Trail area. The directions on the Andrew's Ridge page says to take the South Approach, but it seems like it is describing the North Approach. Could you make this clearer for me? Thanks, Paul B.

rmjwinters

rmjwinters - Nov 2, 2002 10:23 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Paul,

Thanks for the feedback on the Nebo page. I'll try to clear up the directions a bit. The north approach leaves Interstate 15 from Payson and then follows the Nebo Loop road for about 30 miles to the Nebo bench trail. The south approach is more quickly reached by staying on Interstate 15 through Payson and continuing to the town of Nephi (about 30) miles.

Now having said that, you can reach the Andrew's ridge trail by continuing on the Nebo Loop road past the Nebo Bench trail south toward the Andrews ridge trail. It is about 10 miles further along the Nebo Loop road.

Hope all that makes sense.

Dean

Dean - Dec 11, 2002 10:40 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work. I was able to put a link in from my Mt. Timpanogos page to this page of yours which is what inspired me to do my Mt Timp page in the first place. Glad to see you putting up all these Utah pages but now I know how much work it takes to put up a page.

desainme

desainme - Oct 6, 2003 4:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good pix and info. Can you get a topozone on this because I never remember if this is at the north or south end of the range. Be sure to enter the longitude as negative. Positive longitude will move it to China. Timp has a topozone so you can start there and adjust.

alex_vega

alex_vega - Jun 13, 2006 10:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice ..

..page.A lot of useful informations and nice pictures. In Slovenian
language nebo meanings sky :-)

Cheers,Alex

Moogie737

Moogie737 - Jul 5, 2006 5:29 pm - Voted 8/10

Minutia

The Payson Exit is #250. Indeed, it is exactly 25 miles from the exit stop sign to the TH. The sign there says Monument trailhead. The Mona Pole road takes off to the north, is dirt and has the typical pot holes and huge rocks you would expect. However, my little Corolla did just fine; keep it slow.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Mount Nebo' main page