Viewing: 1-4 of 4
surgent

surgent - Apr 18, 2016 9:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Please expand

I love these pages for peaks in parts of the world not usually associated with climbing. Please expand on some of the themes on the main page... for example... just how dangerous is it and what kind of weapon do you suggest? You have a very promising page.

Scott

Scott - Apr 18, 2016 10:40 pm - Voted 4/10

You won't believe this

You won't believe this, but I was just going to post this same mountain page in one minute. I had it all written up and was just about ready to cut and paste it in. What a coincidence since the mountain is generally unknown to most SP members!

It is really great that you added it though (it's always great to see people's first pages!!), but having been to the mountain recently, I can recommend that the page needs some more information and details. I'd also explain what you mean by a weapon. I don't think a weapon is useful to climb the mountain.

The page is a very good start though, but I'd recommend adding more details and information. If you are interested, I also added a route page describing the traverse on the mountain. You can use any of the information on your page if you wish.

Route Page

If you can, adding more photos to the page will be a great addition to your page as well. I really like those photos in your album.

Also, if you need help with anything, let me know.

Happy Travels!

Scott

Scott - Apr 19, 2016 2:26 am - Voted 4/10

?

Once you pass the water processing plant, follow the road up to the left and park right after an abandoned cement house beneath a Golden Apple Tree with shoes hanging from it. Walk up the dirt road to the left and once it ends, follow the path to the top which is marked by yellow and red ties in trees.

We noticed no tree with shoes hanging from it and the trail we were on wasn't marked with any yellow or red ties. I believe we descended your ascent route though.

When did you climb it by chance? We climbed it April 5 of this year.

sipho - Mar 4, 2020 10:45 pm - Hasn't voted

An ascent in 1986 or 1987

Three of my students from Westmorland Secondary School and I climbed it in the mid Eighties when I lived and worked in Grenada as a Peace Corps volunteer. The article says "Camping: Not recommended" but we pitch a tent on the summit and spent the night. :-)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mount Saint Catherine' main page