Mount Thelu Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
McCannster

McCannster - Jan 22, 2006 10:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

cool

mrh

mrh - Jan 23, 2006 1:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Now all you need to do is get some of those photos on the main page.

BigLee

BigLee - Mar 12, 2007 6:23 pm - Voted 6/10

Confused :/

Hmmm, there doesn't appear to be any photos of the peak on this page and there is no description about the peak in the text other than its general location. It would be good if you could add some info, cheers.

lingana

lingana - Mar 13, 2007 9:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Confused :/

Actually, the images are in the top left hand side, I believe there are about 35 images, which include our summit photos as well...Do get back to me, in case you have some questions about any of the pics.
About the peak, I will try to add some more information soon.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Baarb

Baarb - Jan 9, 2012 5:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Route description

Some more detailed route info might be useful, as well as a map, notes on terrain types, equipment needed etc. Or is it quite obvious once at the base camp?

lingana

lingana - Jan 13, 2012 11:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Route description

Baarb:

I will try to put some more details of the route. However, the images I have are the only ones.
Yes, from the base camp (which is after you cross Gaumukh), it is pretty straight forward. You need to establish Camp 1, and then, from there, you go for the summit attempt.
The route will be all the more easy, if you have a local HAP (high altitude porter) with you, who knows a bit about the area.

Are you planning on going for climbing Thelu anytime this summer? Let me know, and I will try to search some contacts in Uttarkashi, and give those to you. They will be of help.

Thanks,
Regards,
Samarth.

Baarb

Baarb - Jan 14, 2012 12:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Route description

I wasn't planning on going, but thank you for your offer, it was just an observation about the completeness of the page. It seemed a bit odd describing how to get there and how to camp, but not how to get up. What's between Camp 1 and the summit for example? Your two other pages have trip reports which include that type of information but this one does not. Everyone's entitled to their own styles when making pages of course, but for most readers a description of how to get up is quite important. This may be an outline of each possible route on the main Mountain page with each of those having more specific descriptions on a Route page. Climbers often will want to assess whether they need a guide or whether they can do it with their own team. In both cases knowing what equipment they will need to take will be important. The current photos are useful to a point but do not include much in the way of detailed information or specific locations. When they haven't been incorporated onto the main page there also isn't a way to know what the logical sequence is, i.e. "you go here, then here, then here". Just some ideas. Thanks.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Mount Thelu' main page