Mount Tomasaki Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
UThighpointer

UThighpointer - Sep 20, 2023 3:54 pm Date Climbed: Sep 20, 2023

The old Deep Creek Trail  Sucess!

A lot of modern posts recommend climbing Mann's to near the summit, then traversing the ridge. I wanted to try something different by looking for the old/abandoned Deep Creek Trail to goes up to the ridge a little further east.

The "trail," which is mostly gone except for a few short sections, starts just before the final ascent to Burrow Pass. You just go into the trees to the right and follow the obvious drainage. I found making my way up to the ridge in forest to be more enjoyable than loose rock.

seth@LOKI

seth@LOKI - Jun 20, 2015 1:14 pm Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2013

Great access  Sucess!

Climbed carrying 4 yr old most of the way. Great access from Burro Pass. This weekend Haystack.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Oct 19, 2014 7:47 pm Date Climbed: Oct 18, 2014

Burro Loop  Sucess!

Loop from Burro Pass trailhead with Manns, PT 11641 (the one to the NE) and PT 11926. Overcast and some flurries later in the day, but still had amazing views!

eamhatch

eamhatch - Sep 2, 2014 4:00 pm Date Climbed: Aug 31, 2014

Labor Day Weekend: Manns and Tomasaki  Sucess!

While the masses flooded my beloved Moab on Labor Day weekend, Ammon Hatch and I headed to the more remote La Sals. We climbed Manns Peak via Burro Pass, and we tagged on Mount Tomasaki just for the sake of it. We only saw one solo hiker during our hike, so if you're looking for someplace secluded next Labor Day then I recommend these peaks.

Oh, and bring a windbreaker.

jhardink

jhardink - Jun 12, 2012 5:35 pm Date Climbed: Oct 9, 2008

Beatdown  Sucess!

Climbed the ridge of 12ers heading north from Geyser Pass- Tomasaki over to La Sal Peak.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Oct 16, 2011 9:24 pm Date Climbed: Oct 15, 2011

Nice fall hike  Sucess!

From Geyser Pass. Also did 11926. Beautiful weather.

Pfeiffer75

Pfeiffer75 - Sep 6, 2010 12:20 pm Date Climbed: Sep 4, 2010

From Geyser Pass  Sucess!

Climbed the south ridge of Tomasaki. A very nice scrambling section on this aspect. Continued north summiting Mann's, Dry Peak, Pilot, and Green's

jamesmc2

jamesmc2 - Jul 4, 2010 11:51 pm

Tomaski, Manns & Wass

Climbed Tomaski from Geyser pass then traversed ridges to summit Manns and then Wass. After you have done the "triple crown" of Peale, Tuk and Mellenthin you should do this one!

peakrat76

peakrat76 - Apr 28, 2008 6:39 pm Date Climbed: Jun 5, 2002

Tomasaki - Mann's Combo  Sucess!

Still quite a bit of snow up high. A beautiful day. Traversed over to Mann's and down to cold beer at the truck.

Vagabond Manifesto

Vagabond Manifesto - Jan 29, 2008 3:41 pm Date Climbed: Aug 14, 2007

Stormy  Sucess!

Climbed from Burro Pass with a friend; intended to continue on to Deep Creek Peak, but forced off by lightning. With Tomasaki, I completed the twelve 12ers in the La Sals.

Britette

Britette - Jun 4, 2007 12:31 pm

South Face  Sucess!

Spent two nights at the Tomasaki Hut. Climbed direct up the snowy/icy south face. Down climbed the first few hundred feet due to snow being very hard and skied the rest back to the hut for martinis.

Scott

Scott - Dec 22, 2004 8:23 pm

Route Climbed: Geyser Pass Date Climbed: February 17, 2002  Sucess!

Feb 16: Parked at the Gold Basin turnoff. The road was closed beyond this. Snowshoed on a packed trail (in summer you can drive it) to Geyser Pass. Dropped pack, climbed Mellenthin in high winds.



Feb 17: Morning 9F, not bad. Climbed Manns then Tomasaki via Burro Pass, and then down SW spur/face. Cloudy, but it did not snow. Manns is the easiest La Sal Peak to climb in winter.



Feb 18: Morning 11F, but it got down to 7 during the night. Snowing lightly. Packed up camp and left for home.

grandwazoo

grandwazoo - Oct 24, 2003 9:20 am

Route Climbed: Beaver Basin - Via Waas Date Climbed: Sept. 28, 2003  Sucess!

Camped at Beaver Basin and started the climb to Waas and then along the ridge hitting Green, Pilot than Manns. Completed the trek over to Tomasaki and back to Manns.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Mount Tomasaki' main page