Viewing: 1-4 of 4
LakesideHiker

LakesideHiker - Dec 15, 2009 9:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Lakeside Blacktail Trail

The US Forestry Service is completing a public trail survey for a hiking trail going from FR 9549 trailhead to the top of Blacktail (8 miles or so). The last mile or two is on the Foys Lake trail (Foys Lake trail is a great MTB route as well). It appears the trail was marked this last summer, but a Forestry Plan had to be completed before the actual digging and clear is done. This will be a great addition to local trails.

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Dec 15, 2009 10:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lakeside Blacktail Trail

Sounds great! Please keep me posted on these developments.

jaydee2011 - Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Blacktail Mountain history

Your post about and photos of Blacktail mountain are great, and brought back some great memories for me! You mention in your Blacktail Mountain post that the USAF barracks remained unoccupied until 1985--I'm not sure what time period prior to that they were unoccupied, but I lived in the base housing (a little up the hill from the barracks) from 1979-1980, at which time the barracks were a youth camp for troubled youth. The base housing was available for some of the staff of the youth camp. I arrived in Lakeside in 1979 from Santa Clara, CA and considered it a great adventure to live in such a beautiful area!

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Jul 15, 2012 1:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Blacktail Mountain history

Thanks. I can see Blacktail from my backyard. I love living in the Flathead Valley and am blessed to be able to raise my family here.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Blacktail Mountain' main page