Pelican Butte Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 3, 2002 9:29 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page.

William Marler

William Marler - Dec 13, 2002 8:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page

2skinners - Jan 1, 2006 12:46 pm - Voted 2/10

Untitled Comment

I feel it could use a little bit of work. Do you have more information on what the trail is like in the steeper portions? Class 1? Class 2? Class 3?? Can the lookout be rented in the summertime like other lookouts in Southern Oregon? Pictures from the trail or summit approach? Directions are somewhat vague, do you have more detailed directions that you can give? Is there a contact number that I can reach to get more information about this mountain? I don't mean to be to harsh but these would all be good things to know. Let me know if you add information or make some changes and I will upgrade my vote accordingly.

Dean

Dean - Oct 8, 2006 7:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Oregon Prominence Peak

Several things could be added to the overview. One is that Pelican Butte is #57 on the Prominence Peak list and with 2156 feet of prominence and #84 on the Mazama's 100 Highest in Oregon list.

A road from the west side leads up to the summit and is accessed by going towards the Cottonwood Creek TH and watching for the unmaintained and very rough (high clearance) road that leads to the top in 4.5 miles. A tremendous viewpoint is attained when the summit of this peak is reached.

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Sep 20, 2014 10:22 am - Voted 8/10

Not Staffed...

I don't think this is typically staffed any longer. Sad.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Pelican Butte' main page