Illinois Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Mar 19, 2005 3:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page!

nebben

nebben - Mar 19, 2005 3:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Ha, thanks Dan! =)



I'm sick today, so I figure it's time to go through my pictures and figure out what to do with them.

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Mar 19, 2005 5:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hopefully not too sick! I just got back from a trip to the SE, so I'm adding pics and pages to my website and SP.org. What do your climbing plans look like during the rest of the year?



Daniel

Dean

Dean - Mar 19, 2005 4:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Glad to see this one go up. It was on our agenda last summer after doing the county highpoints of Boundary and Bonner counties (Scotchman Peak) but the crappy weather we had cost us being able to get over and do it and Rhodes peak so we did Rhodes and will get back to do Illinois this coming year. It looks like your weather was similar to what we had on Scotchman in late August.

nebben

nebben - Mar 19, 2005 9:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I completed several counties the day before (the easy ones), and Boundary the day before that. Only the first day with Boundary was good weather. Fine with me- it was the longest hike! Miserable is an understatement for the precipitation and wind found on the Benewah/Kootenai highpoints when I visited. I figured it made little sense to not attempt my originally planned counties as long as I had a good map, compass, GPS, and a 4wd vehicle for the weekend before I was scheduled to fly home!



COme to think of it, only Boundary county offered good weather. All the others were through precipitation of some kind (even Bonner earlier in the summer).

mrh

mrh - Mar 19, 2005 6:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page.

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Mar 19, 2005 9:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Too bad you couldnt get a clear shot of the mountain...Still a great page!

Sean

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 20, 2005 3:42 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good first page! I agree about the photos but surely they will come over time. Given that this is a county highpoint and that there are quite a number of highpointers around here...

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Mar 20, 2005 12:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

-Britt

Scott

Scott - Mar 20, 2005 5:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page. You can't control the weather, and I don't mind bad weather pics, so good job. Someone may come and add some clearer shots of the peak.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Jun 30, 2005 12:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I am from IL originally, was glad to see this mt page was not some 500' Indian Mound....cheers

nebben

nebben - Feb 27, 2006 2:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: spelling

Thanks for the tip!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Illinois Peak' main page