Mountains of Asturias, part...

Mountains of Asturias, part...

Mountains of Asturias, part of the sight from the classical route to Ubiña. September 2005
eza
on Jan 12, 2006 9:35 am
Image ID: 145250

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
nikolai79

nikolai79 - Jan 15, 2006 6:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Great picture my friend

If I´m not wrong these mountains are from León. They are on the South. The North was on your back, here was Asturias crossing La Ventana. Nice challenge to climb it with your bike, by the way (I did it once).



In fact they are Tres Marías peaks. I´m thinking about making a page of Tres Marías peaks... terrible mountains!!! (que no se entere nadie: Las pasé putas allí )



I like the North face view of Tres Marías a lot. Oh, if you want to have a look the aspect of South face you can seach a pic in Fontún peak page.





Thanks for the picture

eza

eza - Jan 16, 2006 11:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great picture my friend

I'm not sure about that orientation of yours... As far as I remember, I took this shot from a point somewhere around Collado del Ronzón, looking eastwards. Ubiña was on my left side and the Puerto de Ventana was behind Ubiña... Obviously, I haven't got half your knowledge of the area, but I would say these Tres Marías were on the border between León and Asturias...

nikolai79

nikolai79 - Jan 16, 2006 1:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great picture my friend

Yes you are right. Tres Marias are not far from the border between León and Asturias (4-5 km to the border) SW from Collado de El Ronzón, in fact you can see (not in this picture) Puerto de Pajares as well on the left of Tres Marías (where Roberto Eras won the Vuelta this year). If you want to look up them on a map search Casares de Arbás, on the West of Villamanín.

Damian in Asturias

Damian in Asturias - May 19, 2006 4:33 pm - Voted 9/10

La Mesa, etc.

Hola chicos,
These mountains are not the tres Marías: actually, the middle one is La Mesa (The Table, for speakers of English), 1922m, another one is La Tesa, and the others I don't know.
Las Tres Marías en esta foto estarían más a la derecha, en León.
saludos montañeros,
Damián

eza

eza - May 22, 2006 4:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: La Mesa, etc.

Roger that, Damián. Recibido y muchas gracias por la aclaración.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5