Viewing: 1-6 of 6
mauri pelto

mauri pelto - Jun 2, 2007 7:04 am - Voted 9/10

Nice success

Did the snow conditions get better or worse once the sun was up? What store did you go to? I bought an entire week of groceries for four of us heading to Baker, at the grocery store in Sedro, enroute to the car, I stopped to put some clothes into the dryer from the washer, at the adjacent laundromat, I came out to find the gorcery cart gone, less than 3 minutes after parking it front of the laundromat window, was this the store you were at?

Blackmouth

Blackmouth - Jun 2, 2007 4:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice success

We stopped off at the Cost-Cutter in Bellingham. After the trip we went to Boundry Bay brewing company and overhead a few people talking about some recent theft problems in Bellingham. They were saying there have been a ton of bikes stolen in the past few weeks.
As far as the snow it got crappier when the sun came out. It became real soft and we were steadily sinking deeper and deeper as the day went on.

EverydayExplorer

EverydayExplorer - Jun 2, 2007 5:07 pm - Voted 10/10

I completely agree

Yea I was the guy who got my gear stolen and I completely agree with everything that was said. The trip was a lot of fun and I would feel 100% confident that I could tackle anything in the lower 48 with Tony or another competent person. Definately a good course. Also if anybody knows anything about my AWOL gear please let me know.

Blackmouth

Blackmouth - Jun 3, 2007 2:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I completely agree

Glad to see you made it home from your adventure. I look forward to reading your trip reports. Take care.....Tony

CORDILLERAORIENTAL

CORDILLERAORIENTAL - Mar 23, 2008 7:15 pm - Voted 8/10

Congrats and nice TR!

Thanks for the trip report. I am considering taking this course this July and appreciate you and other SP'ers posting all this info.
This is what makes Summit Post such a great resource. Thanks again!

Cheers.....

nks

nks - Aug 1, 2008 4:42 pm - Voted 7/10

Cheers

Thanks for the trip report. I'm considering taking the "Alpine Mountaineering and Technical Leadership" courses that AAI operate so it was helpful to get an independent view... Cheers, Neil.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Mt. Baker Course With AAI' main page