Mt. Breitenbach

Mt. Breitenbach

Mt. Breitenbach, Idaho's 5th highest peak, rises above the upper Pahsimeroi valley. Shot from Mt. Corruption.
skunk ape
on Dec 22, 2009 10:23 am
Image ID: 584164

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Dan Leonhard

Dan Leonhard - Dec 22, 2009 12:12 pm - Voted 10/10

great photo!

Very cool shot! How did the night treat you up there?

skunk ape

skunk ape - Dec 22, 2009 1:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great photo!

Thanks Dan, The clouds you see devloped into a short thunder storm on the previous day but nothing too worrisome. made for some good photos tho.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Dec 23, 2009 10:50 am - Voted 10/10

What a beautiful pic...

If this is a morning shot, you must have gotten an early start.
In either case, it's a great photo.
Happy climbing, Wes,
Marc

junoiceclimber

junoiceclimber - Dec 29, 2009 4:27 am - Voted 10/10

Anyone who's hiked and...

climbed up to get on that ridge and looked into the Pamsimoroi Valley recieved an abundance of amazing panoramic views. Obviously you were treated to several too!!

skunk ape

skunk ape - Dec 29, 2009 6:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Anyone who's hiked and...

Thanks! This trip was all about the view and my hope to get a good panoramic photo of the Lost River Range at dawn. I'd been to the summit twice before but couldn't get the right conditions for a decent shot. Third time was a charm.

junoiceclimber

junoiceclimber - Jan 6, 2010 3:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Anyone who's hiked and...

Good Golly, that ridge just north of Borah runs like 15 miles paralleling the east side of the 93. What a great way to get to elevation and stay there for a few days of classic acclimatization and eye popping panoramas.

skunk ape

skunk ape - Jan 6, 2010 6:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Anyone who's hiked and...

Yup, 'The Lost River Traverse' . It's one of Idaho's classic "Hard Man" (probably why I've never done it)objectives, climb seven of the states 12,000' peaks on one ridge traverse. Pretty cool stuff!

BeDrinkable

BeDrinkable - Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm - Voted 10/10

I missed this

when you first posted it. I like how you're continuing your tradition of posting shots of inhospitable campsites!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8