Mt. Hilton Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Feb 21, 2006 12:49 pm - Voted 7/10

Added the coordinates

since I was interested where the mountain was. With Weaverville, GoogleEarth and Topozone together with your Getting There section I finally managed to get it. BTW I think it must be more than 13miles from the road to the trailhead. I had to scroll forever in Topozone.

2skinners - Feb 22, 2006 10:18 am - Voted 5/10

Needs route

Needs a more detailed route added on difficulty and distance from trailhead to summit. Let me know when you make changes and I will upgrade my vote. I can tell you are a writer too, great description in the overview section.
-2skinners-

AriehDavid

AriehDavid - Aug 13, 2009 12:51 pm - Hasn't voted

I'm curious about...

I'm curious to know if anyone knows about the West (back) side of Hilton. It looks like, from topos and google Earth and from a brief view on the drive into Hobo Gulch, like there is a spectacular face on that side and a very steep bowl that is very cold and protected and could offer some great early season mountaineering. But how to even get there is the first problem that I don't quite know how to surmount. It'd be a huge schlep from Canyon Creek Lakes to make a summit push in a single day from there.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Aug 14, 2009 3:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I'm curious about...

I do not know much about that peak when approached from the west side. However, this shot may be a little helpful:

www.summitpost.org/image/392269/174572/mount-hilton.html

The guy who took this had a small one man helicopter and flew around the Alps, taking some great aerial shots. He has other great shots but this one seems to depict the face you were describing.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mt. Hilton' main page