Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Dean

Dean - Feb 16, 2007 1:22 am - Voted 10/10

Aha....

I wasn't aware that the prominence peak was actually Muddy Mountain and not Muddy Peak. I learned something today as I guess I had assumed that M.P. was the highpoint. However, when I reread cp0915's page, I see that he mentioned that M.P. wasn't the highpoint of the range.What did Tracyfoutz say, 20 miles? Yikes.

Tracy

Tracy - Feb 16, 2007 1:51 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Aha....

It may have been more like 18.7 miles as mapped out on the topo sheets but I counted it as 20 for the boys who needed a 20-miler for their hiking merit badge. Considering all the walking they did before and after the hike, I thought I wasn't being too easy on them :) They still swear it was more like 25 miles.

redsplashman23

redsplashman23 - Feb 16, 2007 3:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Aha....

If you still have a vivid memory of that day and photos post a trip report and photos. Love to hear more about it!

Tracy

Tracy - Feb 16, 2007 6:55 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Aha....

I dug up some of the old photos I took that day and just spent the last hour trying to do a trip report with pictures. I'm sure you would laugh at the trouble I've been having (I'm quite technologically challenged by computers and scanners). I'll try again later.

Tracy

Tracy - Feb 16, 2007 1:43 am - Voted 10/10

Nice posting!

I think you did an excellent posting; however, the blue line on your map needs to be moved a little to the west to be down in the wash that leads up to the saddle. I've hiked that blue route twice now (I've hiked the southerly portion of the red route once) and recommend the blue route for those wanting to reach the high point.

redsplashman23

redsplashman23 - Feb 16, 2007 3:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice posting!

Thanks for the info. I just did an outline drawing an outline of the route, as I haven't done the route. When one gets out there though they will see the easiest path for sure. I see this range everyday when I go to work. It is an awesome range I want to explore again soon. I've done Muddy Peak but want to go back and hike Muddy Mountain. In the external links, the Sierra Club trip report gives great directions for that southern route and I just drew it as close as I could to those directions.

redsplashman23

redsplashman23 - Feb 22, 2007 8:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice posting!

That would be great, feel free to post the pictures. The Trip Report by: Greg Raoch, on the front page gives a detailed written explanation of this route and how to navigate the area you are refeering to. I just drew an outline of the route based on that description, but one would have to be there to navigate exactly how that route goes.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Muddy Mountain (Muddy High Point)' main page