Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 34.03220°N / 117.4419°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 31, 2005
We were in the car on our way when my dad called my grandma and she wanted to go. SO we pick her up and she lives like 10 minutes away from it on Jurupa Rd. So we left at about 2 pm. It was my first time up Jurupa . We got Gatorades and stuff and we were off!! We got there at like 2:15 and started. Now my dad, the mountain know it all guided us. We were hiking and saw tons of guys on Motorbikes at the bottom going backflips and stuff. Anyways we started our hike and came to our first fork. My dad had only hiked the mountain once before and was kind of lost but we took the right fork. On the way up we saw a van that looked like it blew up in the valley below. We said WOW and moved on. Lots of breaks on this trip were needed because my grandma and I were first timers. We were halfway into our trip (or so i was guessing} and another fork. This ones pretty obvious becasuse the lft one goes to a little hill and the right to the summit. LOTS OF SWITCHBACKS LATER.... We reached the summit at about 3:30 and man were we tired. It was alot more than I expected though with a great view of the San Gabriels {depending on smog} and all the others. Its basically just a huge slab piece of dirt about 100 feet wide (i guess) with lots of things written in rocks. We were about to leave when i was working on the word Jurupa in rocks. As we left i quickly did the date. We reached the car at about 4 and were completly exhausted but it was all worth it.

Comments

No comments posted yet.