Naches Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
kevinsa

kevinsa - Jul 31, 2023 7:07 pm Date Climbed: Jul 31, 2023

Naches Peak  Sucess!

Final ridge just below summit was sketchier than expected. Would not have been so bad if the rock wasn’t so crumbly.

Jowzynkyn

Jowzynkyn - Jun 8, 2023 12:54 pm Date Climbed: Jun 7, 2023

Rundown on a day off  Sucess!

70 minutes up the west face, easy snow climbing mixed with bushwhacking, saw my first porcupine! 40 minutes down the NW ridge, the snow portion took only 10 minutes. Great views of Rainier, Adams, and even Helens

adamschneider

adamschneider - Aug 12, 2022 9:03 pm Date Climbed: Aug 12, 2022

Up the normal way, down the NE side  Sucess!

After summiting the usual way, I wanted to see if there was a way to drop a bit on the east side and traverse around to the south ridge. I started the descent like normal, but instead of climbing back up on the ridge, I followed the rocky ramp down along the northeast base of the summit ridge. So far, so good; the rock was sticky enough that it didn't feel too sketchy, and I was able to find handholds on the wall. But when I got off the rock and down onto the vegetated slope, I could see that traversing around would be somewhere between horrible and impossible; it's just too steep. But, having come that far, I made my way down the somewhat sketchy slopes to the PCT, using tree branches and goat paths where I could. It might be an interesting way to go UP, but I don't recommend it for a descent!

mjhaffeman - Nov 28, 2014 10:59 pm Date Climbed: Oct 27, 2014

Fun in the Snow  Sucess!

Rain, sleet, and snow! we loved it even our toddler had fun!

MattDurkee

MattDurkee - Jun 19, 2014 12:09 am Date Climbed: Oct 5, 2002

Quick Hitter  Sucess!

Probably first Sat. in October 2002. Took a couple of kids up to the Class 4 moves and they waited for me to solo and come back. Saw a goat below on the south side. Went on to climb Yakima Peak and Threeway Peak that day.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Naches Peak' main page