Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 34.0727°S / 18.38012°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 2474 ft / 754 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Although the dominant mountain on the Cape Peninsula is Table Mountain, one must not forget to check out Noordhoek Peak, which lies to the south, on the other side of Constantiaberg. Noordhoek Peak lies within the Silvermine Nature Reserve and can be accessed easily.

The peak provides fantastic views of Hout Bay to the west, Chapman's Peak to the southwest and Constantiaberg to the north.

Getting There

Noordhoek Peak is accessed through the Silvermine Nature Reserve. From Cape Town take the M3 south to Steenberg Road. Head west to Ou Kaapse Road, which rises quickly on steep switchbacks to the Silvermine Nature Reserve. Turn right into the Reserve where will you have to pay an entrance fee or present a park pass.

Follow the road to the Silvermine reservoir where you'll find parking. The path to Noordhoek Peak follows a wide, gravel jeep track for a while before the trail continues up to the summit, where a pyramid shaped cairn marks the summit. The view of Hout Bay comes suddenly and spectacularly.

Red Tape

The reserve is open from 7AM to 7PM. The entrance fee is R10 per adult and R5 per child. They accept the WILD card, which costs R45 for 12 credits.

External Links

Table Mountain National Park