Normal Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Feb 26, 2019 3:45 pm Date Climbed: Feb 16, 2019

Fun Hike  Sucess!

I haven't seen class 4 anywhere on this route, but it's still fun hike, very steep in some sections, real test and good acclimatization hike.

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Dec 14, 2010 7:45 pm Date Climbed: Dec 14, 2010

All the way up to the true summit.  Sucess!

Climbed with Rob (HOL). Fast ascent. Got to the touristic summit at 10:30 am and to the True summit (4,610 m) at 11:15 am followed by two american guys.

Very nice climb. The rock was in perfect conditions all the way up to both summits. Very solid and dry.

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Nov 28, 2009 10:53 am Date Climbed: Nov 25, 2009

Route Climbed: Normal Route (La Esperanza)  Sucess!

Climbed with Andreea (ROM) from the casa "Refugio Imbabura". We spent the night there and started early at 4:45 am. Great weather during the approaching to the ridge, then it turned foggy and windy.

Got to the summit at 9;45 am after 5 hours of climbing. Nice being up there with Andreea, my climbing partner during the last 5 months.

Got back to the town of La Esperanza by foot by early afternoon.

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Nov 26, 2009 2:03 pm Date Climbed: Nov 25, 2009

Route climbed: La Esperanza - Normal Route   Sucess!

Boriss (ECU) and I started our climb at 4:45 am. We spent the night at the trailhead (house at the end of the road). A beautiful mountain with strange rock formations. The weather changed a couple meters below the summit, it got foggy and windy at times.

Love this mountain... like all of the Ecuadorian mountains!

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Oct 23, 2009 3:16 pm Date Climbed: Jul 24, 2009

Route Climbed: La Esperanza. Normal Route.  Sucess!

Climbed with 22 English boys and girls. We started at 7:30 am from La Esperanza trailhead.

All of us summited including the other 3 ecuadorian guides. It took us 8 hours RT. It was a foggy and windy day.

A nice experience for all of us after expending 8 days sitting on our bikes thoughout northern Ecuador

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Oct 23, 2009 3:10 pm Date Climbed: Oct 25, 2008

Route Climbed: La Esperanza. Normal Route.  Sucess!

Last time I climbed Imbabura was more than 9 years ago with Andrea. We climbed it by the western side. This time I climbed with Bernd (GER) from the eastern side (La Esperanza).

We started at 7:30 am from the trailhead. A very slow ascent up to the north summit. We made it after 5 and a half hours of constant hike. The weather was great at the begining but it got cloudy near the top. It took us 3 hours to get back to the trailhead.

I could see the highest summit from the northern summit for a few seconds. I really want to climb it up again from the western side (Lago San Pablo).

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Normal' main page