Viewing: 1-2 of 2
hikerman99

hikerman99 - Jan 10, 2007 6:26 pm - Hasn't voted

More details

There is not a single well established trail up Ramada. For example, there are multiple options when first starting up the scree slopes across from the end of the Italian glacier at 13,000 ft (3900 m). Cairns are rare. The bottom line is to aim for the summit ridge off to the left of the summit. There are campsites at quite a few places. Basically these are simply flat places where a spot has been cleaned off for a tent. None of these are clearly better or worse though the one at 17,800 ft/5420 meters seems to leave a reasonable distance for the summit day. The one referred to as "Camp 2" is actually at 16,800 ft. based on the image in the route page. This could be your high camp though of course it leaves a relatively long climb on summit day. See my trip report for waypoints and more information.

Corax

Corax - Jan 21, 2007 1:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: More details

Thanks for the comments.
I share this route page with another person and I now realize there are some contradictions on the page. Or at least there are contradictions between the captions on the photos and the text on the main page.

I gave you editing rights for the page. Feel free to correct, add, delete what you want.

JC.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'North East Ridge' main page