North Face of Twin. Nice...

North Face of Twin. Nice...

North Face of Twin. Nice couloir descent.
trackhead
on May 1, 2005 4:20 pm
Image ID: 103170

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - May 1, 2005 5:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Deaf Smith

it is not common to see tracks this low in Deaf Smith N Fk, did you guys descend all the way down this drainage, or backtrack up again?

Generally it would be awfully nice to see some route descriptions and dates ;)

trackhead - May 8, 2005 8:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Deaf Smith

This was April 12th, 2005. After a huge snow year. We skied out Deaf Smith.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Jun 13, 2005 3:56 pm - Voted 10/10

I was too lazy to bring skis here on June 11th :)

and just glissaded down this gorgeous gully, and then butt-slided as it widened into the apron (my shot is posted here).

The coloir doesn't look as spooky as on your fantastic picture when you are in it. Anyway when avy danger is unacceptable or when the cliff bands melt out of the snow, one can bypass either the upper reaches of the coloir, or the whole of it, by a descending traverse of the wide benches to the North of it, above the trees visible in this photo.

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - May 18, 2005 11:26 am - Voted 10/10

I love your photos!

The Wasatch defintely doesn't have enough good winter photos - keep em comin'!



P.S. That narrow couloir in the upper right looks like something fun to climb - I wonder how long it holds snow?

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Oct 9, 2009 3:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Cant Wait.......

Can't wait to ski it this year.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5