Viewing: 1-3 of 3
asmrz

asmrz - Jul 31, 2012 11:49 am - Voted 10/10

Good TR

Good TR you guys. Just a note to others who might be reading this and possibly considering the climb; The route beta that I submitted quite a few years ago was by now verified by many people, even SP members. One can go the way I described or the way Joe Lemay described. They both are spot on. There are no serious errors in the route beta. Actually, there are many ways that people climb the ridge and each variation is easier or harder than the previous one. That was really the main reason I wrote the beta. If you stick to it, you will avoid all kinds of detours. Anyway, good trip, good write up. Cheers, Alois.

diersen

diersen - Jul 31, 2012 12:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Good to know!

Thanks for your feedback and confirmation that we were actually in the right place when we were having a go at those variations on the third tower, Alois. I think that I was thrown off a bit because I assumed that by "fifth class" you meant low fifth class. :)

My hope in writing up a TR from our adventure was that experienced mountaineers would recognize it as an account of a relatively new practitioner of the sport and would offer corrections and clarifications. While I tried to provide some beta, most of the above is mostly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks again!

asmrz

asmrz - Jul 31, 2012 1:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good to know!

Somewhere near by on that steep face, there really is an easy fifth class route. I was there last time in 2002, so my memories are not the clearest, but, once you go left a short way from the base of the tower, the steep face is just above you. The climbing should not be hard, 5th class, but not 5.7.

These notes are really for those who read your TR, you and your partner have already experienced it. Maybe collectively, we can help the next party that might want to climb the ridge and are looking for beta. Again, good effort, good TR. Alois.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'North Ridge of Lone Pine Peak Car to Car in Only 21 Hours (With More Dubious Beta)' main page