OK, this is a bad quality...

OK, this is a bad quality...

OK, this is a bad quality photo (shot with the sun behind the rock) but it shows the middle 1/3rd of pitch two of Dilley's Delight. Note the bolts (5 or so) on the right side of the crack (c. 5.8). Most of them are quite good. Once you clip the topmost bolt, you step right (5.9) to enter the final gully below the summit (May 1, 2004).
rpc
on May 3, 2004 9:53 am
Image ID: 51720

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
M and N Denyer

M and N Denyer - May 3, 2004 12:30 pm - Hasn't voted

bolts?

Where did all those new shiney bolts come from? The only fixed pro on the route used to be 1 rusty piton, and the rap anchors at the top.

rpc

rpc - May 3, 2004 1:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: bolts?

Both are valid questions. We too were surprised to find so many bolts there next to a crack that sucks up cams perfectly. Don't know when or why (esp. why so many) bolts were placed there.

b.

b. - May 3, 2004 12:49 pm - Hasn't voted

crack?

Why do you need bolts right next to a crack?

agreenstreet

agreenstreet - Apr 10, 2006 5:03 am - Hasn't voted

New Bolts?

Did someone upgrade those bolts? They look pretty shiney. When I was there a few years back they were rusty old 1/4"ers with homemade sheet metal hangers. I wouldnt mind seeing the bolts removed though.
Good series of photos and page by the way.

rpc

rpc - Apr 10, 2006 2:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: New Bolts?

Thank you!

Yeah, some crack bolters definitely hit this Oregon classic! Rel. new bolts were right next to the crack that ate good trad. pro. These MUST'VE been additions because there were still old bolts there. Why would someone do that?? No idea. I'm guessing it (Dilley's Delight) doesn't see enough traffic for someone to "clean up" the extra bolts any time soon either.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5