Old Woman Comments

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
darinchadwick

darinchadwick - Feb 26, 2009 2:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Style

I like the approach you are using with specific rock formations at Josh. Others have tried, but you're doing a great job. It makes a lot more sense than just describing individual routes. If you havn't been to Lenticular Dome, I just might copy your style, but I lack the good photos you're using. Keep it up.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Feb 26, 2009 2:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Style

Thank you Darin. I try to give the names and ratings on a few of the climbs, and feature one popular climb, as opposed to doing a seperate page on that route. It seems to be working out okay.
Yes, I have been to Lenticular Dome, but haven't done any climbing on it. I have done Solid Gold on the nearby S.Astro Dome, with only one old and bad photo. I have done hundreds of climbs in J.Tree before I cared about taking any photos.
I was looking at your Bird of Fire shot, I like it especially because it's taken from the top. I took a twenty footer right at the top where the crack gets wide. Then I talked to a 5.13 climber about it. He had taken a fall right there as well. I was only a 5.10 climber. Did better on sport routes. But, now I am not sure what I can do.
Thank you for the compliment, Darin,
Marc

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Old Woman' main page