Onaqui BM Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
aobbard

aobbard - Jun 5, 2021 4:00 pm Date Climbed: Jun 5, 2021

Closest Red Columbine to SLC?  Sucess!

Nice little peak. I was questioning the red columbine photo on this page, but sure enough there were dozens of them, in the lower part of the draw shortly after you leave the ATV track. Lower down were the most extensive Mules Ear blooms I've seen anywhere, and up higher the Balsamroots were going off like crazy. Was surprisingly buggy first week of June- if I were doing it over I might pack a headnet.

Route straightforward and footing good the whole way. There's about 1/4 mile of light schwack when you first leave the ATV track, but there's always a way through.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jun 9, 2015 9:35 pm Date Climbed: Jun 9, 2015

Onaqui  Sucess!

Via West Canyon. Also did 8382 and 8790.

scgrant

scgrant - May 15, 2015 11:43 pm Date Climbed: Apr 12, 2015

Onaqui  Sucess!

Nice hike up West Canyon. Gained the ridge a couple miles south of the benchmark. Fun ridge scramble in sections over point 8790 to the top. Killer views of Deseret Peak along the way.

utahjimk

utahjimk - Jun 22, 2014 9:28 pm Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2014

via West Canyon  Sucess!

with WMC group led by Donn S. Lots of standing dead (scorched) timber, but the forest shows signs of regenerating. For someone used to the Wasatch, kinda different seeing the flocks of gulls effortlessly floating back and forth over West Canyon pass.

harbor

harbor - Jun 19, 2013 2:19 am Date Climbed: Jun 18, 2013

Finally  Sucess!

This peak stares at me daily. I finally got to the top of it today with a friend from West Valley. Such a great ridge-line from the saddle above West Canyon over to the Benchmark.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Onaqui BM' main page