ONE AUTUMN DAY IN SZKLARSKA PORĘBA

ONE AUTUMN DAY IN SZKLARSKA PORĘBA

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Flora, Informational, Scenery, Water

AUTUMN COLOURS AND ARTIFACTS...

Oldest house ...
Fragments of...

Saturday, October 29, 2011, I arrived by bus to Jelenia Góra, the main city of the Karkonosze region. Nothing was visible in the morning. Dark grey clouds and mist completely covered mountains. I reached Szklarska Poręba Górna, a part of the city closest to Góry Izerskie, by the next bus. Szklarska Poręba is an old tourist city located in the Kamienna River valley, just between Karkonosze Mts. and Góry Izerskie, and is composed of three parts: Dolna (Lower), Średnia (Middle) and Górna (Upper).
Looking for pieces of glass artifacts, remains of the past, very famous Josephine Glassworks, was a main purpose of my visit. Josephine Glassworks was a property of Count Leopold von Schaffgottsch, a governor of Lower Silesia in XIXth c., at present SW Poland. This glasswork produced beautiful glasswares, awarded many times on world exhibitions. Today only ruins wittness this noble old history.
During my stay in Szklarska Poręba, clouds open the sky and day started to be wonderful. Cracked granite rocks, dark verdure of conifers, yellow birches and brown-red beeches evidenced how autumn can be colourful in mountains.
My “archaeological” work was successful and I found many fragments of glass and ceramic utensils used in Josephine Glassworks. Three sites, where I gathered glass fragments, are marked on a scheme (see below).
It will be continued...
Scheme...



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.