Ortega Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Dec 28, 2012 11:19 am - Voted 10/10

Things need some work.

This is a good start to a page. Considering how few posts there are on the Sacramentos you ought to add a paragraph putting the peak in its geographic context. Also you seem to have created a second page for the same peak. More images would be a really good thing to. You might also add a link for people to be able to check on the fire conditions in the area.

This area has little representation on Summitpost. I hope more is added and this is a good start.

Humphrey

Humphrey - Dec 28, 2012 11:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Things need some work.

I did not create the second competing page, I do not know why Mike did that, as he was aware of this one. I thought about letting him take the page over, but he didn't seem to put as much effort into his page.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Dec 28, 2012 1:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Things need some work.

You are right. Somehow I thought I clicked the second link but clicked yours instead. My bad on that. The other suggestions I made still stand. I hope you take them as constructive. I am a huge fan of AZ and NM and I hope that you make more pages!

Humphrey

Humphrey - Dec 28, 2012 2:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Things need some work.

Well, the original link for the Lincoln has a fire danger dial on the page, but I mention that now. As far as some of the other stuff, I only moved here 2 1/2 months ago and am limited in my knowledge of the region. I added a little material. Take a look and get back to me.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Dec 28, 2012 8:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Things need some work.

Awesome. The page rocks now. Good job. You might consider attaching the images to the Sac Mountains page too. I hope you would consider posting more stuff from New Mexico (or AZ & TX too!).

imike

imike - Dec 29, 2012 1:54 pm - Voted 10/10

correction

I was not aware of the page when I posted... I removed the duplicate page. Current page looks great... link needs to be redone to make it clickable... and, it would be nice to add links over to the move extensive listings on HikeArizona.com. That site has over 150 hikes for this area alone.

Humphrey

Humphrey - Dec 29, 2012 2:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: correction

Ah, for some reason I thought you knew about it. I would have given it to you, since you did the HAZ write-up first.

CheesySciFi

CheesySciFi - Dec 31, 2012 12:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice work

A fine page, especially the thorough geological background.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Ortega Peak' main page