Alti Mitts

 

Alti Mitts
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Alti Mitts
Manufacturer Outdoor Research
Page By vertx
Page Type Dec 10, 2004 / Jan 22, 2007
Object ID 1200
Hits 11570
Vote
Designed to challenge the most adverse conditions, the Alti Mitts™ perform at the world’s highest altitudes and latitudes. The lightweight Ventia™ exterior provides a waterproof, breathable shell, while the Pittards leather palm delivers a supple grip. The Alti’s removable liner is insulated with 10 oz. PrimaLoft® on the back of the hand and thumb, and Moonlite Pile fleece on the palm for solid contact with the shell. Intended for punishing conditions where warmth is more important than dexterity, the Alti makes an ideal summit mitt.

Avg. weight: 13.2 oz./373 g (size L, per pair w/ liner)

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

vertx - Dec 10, 2004 11:13 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
These are the warmest gloves I have used. These are ideal for very cold weather or high altitude summits. The removable liner is soft, warm and comfortable and the shell is waterproof. The leather palm offers a nice grip to the ice axe or whatever else you are trying to grab. Of course they are a glove, so you will not have much dexterity, but you will have your fingers at the end of the trip.

I like it on top - Oct 2, 2007 4:04 am - Voted 5/5

Awesome
The alti mitts are awesome. The warmest I've ever worn. Excellent waterproofing and liner. Worth the money.

Woodie Hopper - Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm - Voted 5/5

Very warm
and comfortable. Soft shell is nice too.

Isaiah - Aug 21, 2009 1:32 pm - Voted 5/5

It's kind of Popular
On my recent and first 8000 meter expedition I found that about 1/3 to 1/2 of everyone had a pair of these. They are so warm that I only wore them for 15 minutes the whole expedition when I was trying to go to sleep at camp three (7030 m). I did not have a summit day but even at 7000 meters taking down a tent I used a light pair of gloves instead of these. If you remove the liners they can be used as booties. I also bring these ice climbing because at belays or whenever you need to warm up your fingers 10 minutes in these works wonders.

Gratton89 - Oct 25, 2013 8:35 pm - Voted 5/5

Super warm
I bought these last year and so far I only had the chance to use them a handful of time but they are toasty warm. They were even too warm when ever I started to move around.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5