This is an ultra-light waterproof/breathable bivy for the true minimalist. Weighing in at a scant 15 oz.
, and packing down to appriximately the size of a Nalgene bottle, this bivy is a good choice for the ultra-light backpacker or that "just-in-case" emergency bivy insurance you stuff in the bottom of your pack. The mesh panel face covering doesn't have a panel to zip the bivy fully closed for nasty weather, but it's easy to make do with a small tarp, trash bag, or jacket, or just by rolling over so the mesh faces the ground if the weather gets nasty. The REI Elements fabric provides a good compromise of weight vs. durability and waterproofness vs breathability.
82 x 31 in.
6 x 10 in.
The bullets from the REI website:
- REI Elements® laminate adds waterproof, windproof qualities to the tough ripstop nylon shell while remaining breathable; factory-sealed seams
- A total of six zipper sliders lets you configure mesh panel and arm openings in a variety of ways
- Mesh bug panel extends from shoulders to top of head and can be rolled up and secured out of the way by toggle and loop when not in use
- Built-in rain-gutter flap below shoulders keeps moisture runoff and rain droplets from rolling down into the mesh panel
- Differentiated zipper pulls (one round, one flat) allow easy hood and arm opening adjustments in the dark
- Internal sleeping bag attachment clips to the hang loop at the head of your sleeping bag to keep it from shifting around
- Includes stuff sack
- Please note: Mesh bug panel does not feature a waterproof barrier behind it
No reviews written yet.