Patrol Glove '04 - '05

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Patrol Glove '04 - '05
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By STW
Page Type Dec 29, 2004 / Dec 29, 2004
Object ID 1210
Hits 3005
Vote
This is a very sophisticated glove designed primarily for 'snow professionals.'

5 oz of PrimaLoft on back of hand, fleece everywhere else.

Longer gauntlet (than prior model year) and shock-cord closure keep the spindrift out.

3-D embossed palm has improved grip and kevlar-thread stitching for durability.

Pittards leather and 4-way stretch fabric

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

STW - Dec 29, 2004 6:00 pm - Voted 2/5

Untitled Review
Well, I'm not a 'snow professional' but I did love the looks and feel of these gloves in the shop. Boy! are they comfortable! The leather is like buttah! So soft and supple! Sizing is just a bit big and boxy for my tastes. I usually wear a medium - sometimes a small. In this case, the small was much better. Now that I've used them in the field, I can report that this is an excellent glove - with one real big flaw.

Pros: very warm. pretty waterproof. Very dextrous. Very comfortable. Excellent grip on slippery poles, shafts, etc.

Cons: simply awful gauntlet design. It's too big to easily go inside the wrist cuff of my jacket (plus it has that shock cord closure). But it's too small and narrow for my jacket wrist cuff to easily fit into the gauntlet. Plus the insulation of the glove stops at the wrist closure. The gauntlet is completely un-insulated. So, every time I put these on, I have to struggle to get the cuff of my jacket sleeve squished into this narrow, small little gauntlet. Then, since the gauntlet area of the glove is not insulated, I've been getting pretty bad cold spots at the wrists.

BD's a great company. They should have done better with the gauntlet design of this $80 glove (especially since it was revised from the prior model year). Everything else on it is great.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1