Shark Nut Tool

 

Shark Nut Tool
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Shark Nut Tool
Manufacturer Trango
Page By Alan Ellis
Page Type Nov 17, 2004 / Jan 20, 2007
Object ID 1168
Hits 2754
Vote
Sometimes an idea hits you and it’s like, ''duh?!'', why didn’t we think of that earlier? The Shark combines two useful and common climbing tools into one: A beautiful swept handle, stainless nut tool and a razor-sharp knife. The blade is machined from surgical quality 440-C stainless with a serrated blade—perfect for sawing through the wad of slings that’s keeping you from clipping that fixed pin. While the locking blade can be opened and closed with one hand, it’s absolutely impossible to open when clipped to a carabiner.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Dow Williams - Apr 20, 2009 8:59 pm - Voted 3/5

Shark
It took my wife losing my knife off of the biner that held my nut tool on a pitch she was grunting and groaning up and trying to beat out a nut I did not place for me to find this solution. I was always so prould of my tiny trango knife, but from an extra leverage, this piece is a great replacement for it and my nut tool. Less likly to loose it for sure. But...this piece is too heavy, even as one, weighs more than my individual pieces before. Blade opens too easy. The singular trango knife would remain more firmly closed I thought.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1