Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Charlie

Charlie - Feb 12, 2002 10:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

[up to 4 stars]

rpc

rpc - Mar 1, 2002 8:54 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Actually it IS in OR - you can check Andy Kerr's book I've posted as well as the OR Atlas and Gazetteer.

My guess though is that most western states will have a Pueblo mountain of their own.

radek

silverbullet - Jun 11, 2002 7:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Nevada has it's own mountains. The Pueblo's belong to Oregon! The geology and age of this range is even more interesting than fact that standing on the top at night, looking west---you'd never know the rest of the world exists.

rpc

rpc - Feb 28, 2002 5:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

been to SE Oregon once this year - very cool place (just look at the map - no towns!!). Would love to do this mountain this March and was wondering how close to the 'base' I'd be able to get? My guess is that ODOT has no idea that OR205 even exists much less have any info. on its conditions this time of year.

Any info. would be most helpful.

mutant1

mutant1 - Mar 9, 2002 6:39 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

While occasional Spring storms can make travel in this area hazardous, this is desert country. The major roads (even the gravel ones) are nearly always open. Access to the base of Pueblo Peak from Denio, Nevada is no problem in Spring. The route in from Frenchglen, Oregon can have some drifting problems after storms.

silverbullet - Jun 11, 2002 7:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Someone knows 205 exists, it's in much better shape than 140 from Lakeview. Have been there during almost every month of the year and access is usually pretty good. The wind on the west side blows pretty hard most of the time and north facing slopes on any of the peaks there can get pretty deep.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 22, 2002 5:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. I'll have to do this one sometime!

mpbro

mpbro - Jun 12, 2002 4:28 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Great page--the info here is definitely "4 star" material. But there are a few bits of extra info waiting for you to integrate into the main page. When you do that, please let me know by replying to this msg. and I'll upgrade my vote.



Cheers,

Morgan

Popoff - Oct 14, 2002 9:09 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great. I like the approach information, and the photographs are good.

Grant

Grant - May 11, 2004 2:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

very nice...

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Pueblo Mountain' main page