Peak 11,272 Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

idaho_peaks - Jul 15, 2019 8:19 am Date Climbed: Jul 14, 2019

Beautiful Climb  Sucess!

Had a fun time climbing this peak on a beautiful Sunday morning. Camped at Walker Lake the night before after storms derailed my plan of hiking all the way to Cove Lake. Awoke to picturesque weather and decided to go for it.

Easy climb for the most part and I had the lakes and peak entirely to myself. Lots of signs of goats, but no sightings.

Couldn't find a summit register, unfortunately.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Jul 14, 2015 1:35 am Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2015

Southeast Ridge  Sucess!

Climbed during an epic backpacking trip. Expected a quick climb after reaching the saddle on the southeast ridge, but plenty of class 4 route finding made for a spicy finish. Saw four goats on the ridge. Totally amazing scenery. Trip report

boisedoc - Jul 20, 2013 3:11 am Date Climbed: Jul 19, 2013

pretty area  Sucess!

I had never been in the Big Boulder Lakes Basin. Great area. I only had a day so I headed to Cove Lake via Island Lake (as described in Margaret Fuller's book). The north ridge is a fun scramble with generally firm rock if you stay on the ridgeline (dramatically better rock than most of the surrounding Whiteclouds or Boulder Mountains)

mjholmes

mjholmes - Aug 8, 2012 7:16 pm Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2012

From Cove Lake  Sucess!

Interesting peak with lots of big granite blocks and towers. Plenty of good hand and footholds, but enough loose ones to keep us alert. Incredible views of 12 alpine lakes, the Sawtooth and Lost River ranges.

idpeakgirl

idpeakgirl - Aug 7, 2012 11:02 pm Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2012

NE Ridge  Sucess!

Fun day climb from Cove Lake. Just a few signatures on the register since its placement in 2006. Last 11er in the basin to climb, so we lolly gagged and napped around Gentian, Snow and Boulder lakes after the climb down. Gorgeous day in the White Clouds, in the 80's.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Peak 11,272' main page