Peak 11896 Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Scott

Scott - Oct 9, 2012 9:15 am - Voted 10/10

Working on it (the top 100)?

No registered user of listsofjohn has yet climbed the top 100 peaks of Utah.

I assume that you are working on climbing all 100?

I still have 19 left (we finished two more last weekend), but Red Castle (the real one) will be a challenge.

Anyway, I have pages written up for Mt. Untermann and Lakeshore Peak that will be posted tonight. We climbed those last weekend, but we missed Deadman because we got a late start since we were backpacking in, but left a lighter behind in another stove bag so decided not to spend the night.

Which peaks do you still have left to climb?

Keep up the good work on the pages. Some day, maybe all the top 100 peaks in Utah will be added. I noticed you have climbed many of them. Any plans to add some more? You have some great photos.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Oct 9, 2012 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Working on it (the top 100)?

Yes I'm working on the top 100, but not exclusively. It's unlikely that I'll ever get RC but I was at least hoping to scope it out this year but never made it. I have 17 left.

RC
Haystack, Baldy, and Belknap (painful without a beefy car)
Holly
11839 (W of Penny Nickle), S Burro and Davis.
11900 (N of Tokewanna)
8 peaks in the Explorer Peak region which I haven't been to at all yet.

How about you?

I have some pics of Lakeshore and maybe Untermann that I will post. I was going to put up pages for these but not anymore ;)

Scott

Scott - Oct 9, 2012 10:43 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Working on it (the top 100)?

How about you?

13ers:

Painter
Trail Rider

12ers:

East Wilson
Yard
Red Castle
South Yard
Paul BM
East Hayden
Laurel (La Sal)
Bluebell Lake
Pilot (La Sal)
Wooley
East Delano (Tushar)
Castle (La Sal)
Haystack (Deep Creek)
Deadman
Fox
Delano-Brigham Ridge (Tushar)
La Sal (La Sal)

There are possibly a few obscure 11ers in the top 100 that I may have missed; I would have to go through the maps and compare them to my maps I have route lines drawn in.

Scott

Scott - Oct 9, 2012 2:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Working on it (the top 100)?

I have some pics of Lakeshore and maybe Untermann that I will post. I was going to put up pages for these but not anymore

If you already have one written/partially written, maybe we can share it if you want. I'll post mine tonight (or if you want to, you can post yours and it wouldn't bother me).

Deadman and Wooley would make some good pages (I noticed you climbed them).

PS, some of my older pages don't have many good photos.

For example, the page on "North Cleve" and "West Clover". Someday I'll have to separate out those pages into individual ones, but I don't have enough good photos. Eventually, I'll have most of my combination pages separated out. They seem to work better that way (especially for summit logs, etc.).

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Peak 11896' main page