Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 22.4618°S / 43.0312°W
Additional Information Elevation: 7454 ft / 2272 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Bell's Rock is in the Serra dos Orgaos National Park. The way to the summit is very easy around 12 km. There are four campings with a good structure to climbers, two little rivers with many water points ready to drink. The National Park fights to prevent the destruction of the place, because the tourists don't know the value of the mountains. Overthere , can see many mountains around like the God's Finger , Castelos do Açu with all group of plateau mountains, Popcorn Peak, the Travessia and all the Rio's state sea coast. The Travessia has 22 km and put the climbers on the summit of seven mountains with more than 2100 mts. When you come here , see this place.

Getting There


From Rio de Janeiro , the distance of the National Park is 100 km. Take a car or regular buses lines to go there. Terespolis is a good city to rest until the hike to the summit. The trail is easy but very humidy because the tropical weather in the Southwest region. Every week rains , the clouds are there every day , but the view on the summit... pay the price. It's fantastic!

Red Tape


When you come , the Serra dos Orgaos National Park give all permits, how to hike to the summit, all the rules of your waste, The guides for your security, can't brings knife and inflamable fuel and all the things that you can know to feel the " real spirit of the mountains".

When To Climb


The best season to come here is winter, because the temperature is colder and not rains hard. Use a coat like " parka " for rain and wind. Use boots with goretex or other impermeable material for the wet trails.

Camping


There are many campings at the mountains. Bell's Rock has 4; Travessia has 3; Castelos do Açu have 10 or more. Contact the National Park to know all contitions to camping there. The Bell's Rock's campings are perfect with a water , security to windstorms and have bathrooms.

Mountain Conditions


The mountains conditions you can know at site : www.cptec.inpe.br or contact me - www.trekkersteam.com.br.

Serra dos Órgãos National Park