Permit drop off box

located just outside the visitor center. The Visitor center is open from 8 to 5, so this box is very convenient for obtaining back country permits. There is a same backcountry permit for one day inner canyon hike, or for backpacking trip, or for rock climbing.
Each permit slip has white original and yellow copy. You leave the white original in the box, and take the yellow copy with you. You return the yellow copy on your return (if not, park rangers will start your rescue).


Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2

yatsek - Oct 13, 2010 3:31 am - Voted 10/10

Who pays

for the rescue operation?

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Oct 13, 2010 8:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Who pays

The National Park service - park rangers go and search for free...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2