It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:52 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Mount Minsi AT Delaware River Crossing

Can anyone say if there is a toll for foot travel in either direction across the Delaware River on the foot path/ sidewalk which is used for the Appalachian Trail and I would like to use to access Mount Minsi on the Pennsylvania Side of the river, from a parking area in New Jersey?

Thank you.

Member / user hack??

I thought that my pages were hacked to show this boat video - however, further messing around indicates that it is my user login that triggers it - I see it on all mountain and route pages not just my own...Please check and help.
Read more : Member / user hack?? | Views : 742 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Page Help

Pico de Orizaba, solo climbing

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any current updates regarding any possisble restrictions when it comes to solo climbing on Pico de Orizaba normal route Jamapa?
Read more : Pico de Orizaba, solo climbing | Views : 714 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

PATAGONIA - How to structure 10 nights in the region

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, this is my first post.

I was planning a guided ascent of Aconcagua in December and have been doing various bits of preparation here in the UK and also the Alps. It dawned on me in my recent trips to the Alps that whilst I absolutely loved being out and moving on the Glacier and climbing peaks etc, the downtime every day was a killer as was ...
Read more : PATAGONIA - How to structure 10 nights in the region | Views : 1182 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General

PATAGONIA - How to structure 10 nights in the region

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, this is my first post.

I was planning a guided ascent of Aconcagua in December and have been doing various bits of preparation here in the UK and also the Alps. It dawned on me in my recent trips to the Alps that whilst I absolutely loved being out and moving on the Glacier and climbing peaks etc, the downtime every day was a killer as was ...
Read more : PATAGONIA - How to structure 10 nights in the region | Views : 861 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Matterhorn via Hornli , looking for partner

Partner to climb Cervino 5-7 September?
Read more : Matterhorn via Hornli , looking for partner | Views : 880 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Wheeler Peak closure

The Carson National Forest will close the Wheeler Peak area from Aug 21 thru Aug 27, 2024 for tribal traditional and cultural purposes.

The following trails will be closed:

Williams Lake (#62)
Wheeler Summit (#67)
Wheeler Peak (#90) between La Cal Basin and Wheeler Peak
Lost Lake (#91) between Horseshoe Lake and Wheeler Peak

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/carson/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD1129240
Read more : Wheeler Peak closure | Views : 973 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Williamson Aug 21-26th timeframe

If anyone is interested, will be in the area this timeframe, looking to do overnight a couple nights for this. Don't have a permit but was planning to camp out and pounce when they open it up for "walkins" online. See my profile, did Whitney mountaineerss last year, CO/CA 14ers etc. Cheers, John
Read more : Williamson Aug 21-26th timeframe | Views : 748 | Replies : 0 | Forum : US - California

Williamson/Tyndall - September 2024

I’m planning to climb Williamson/Tyndall via Shepherd Pass in early September or late August and wouldn’t mind someone else along as I’m trying to minimize the solo adventures when possible. Planning to hike in to Anvil Camp the 1st day, up to one of the lakes by Shepherd Pass and likely climbing Tyndall the 2nd day, climbing Williamson the 3rd day, and either heading out that day or the next. I have reservations for 2 ...
Read more : Williamson/Tyndall - September 2024 | Views : 3327 | Replies : 2 | Forum : US - California

Cordillera Real Trek and climb in early October, need 1-2 p

Hello, I`m planning to do a trek in the Cordillera Real for 7-8 days but possibly longer 10-12 days, that includes Yuana Potosi climb at the end. Interested to possibly do other mountains summit in the area that are not too technical.
It`s hard to find groups at that time of the year and it`s too expensive to go alone.
I can start the trek as early as October 6th.
I found a very good ...
Read more : Cordillera Real Trek and climb in early October, need 1-2 p | Views : 852 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558229 • Total topics 55856 • Total members 137263