It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 9:58 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Split Mountain or Palisades conditions? Split Mountain or Palisades conditions?

Anyone been up around Split or the Palisades recently? I'm wondering about snow levels on both sides. :)
Read more : Split Mountain or Palisades conditions? | Views : 2122 | Replies : 0

Salmon Lake Trail condition?

Does anyone have feedback about current conditions on the Salmon Lake Trail (to Loch Leven Lakes) and the road leading to the trailhead?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Read more : Salmon Lake Trail condition? | Views : 1873 | Replies : 0

Matthes Crest Conditions

Loooking for recent beta on crest route concerning snow/ice/running water and conditions of rappel slings. Will be attempting the 5.7 route on Tuesday. Thanks!
Read more : Matthes Crest Conditions | Views : 2274 | Replies : 2

Split Mountain - Current Conditions

Hi - Anyone have updated information on current conditions for Split Mountain? Is there snow in the couloirs? Thanks in advance. We are climbing next week.
Read more : Split Mountain - Current Conditions | Views : 2221 | Replies : 0

Anyone been out to Mt. Lyell?

Wondering what sort of conditions to expect, whether there's snow, etc?
Read more : Anyone been out to Mt. Lyell? | Views : 2250 | Replies : 1

Mt Whitney Multiple Injuries June 11 2018

https://inyosar.com/mt-whitney-multiple-injuries/

My daughter and I left Whitney portal at 2:45 a m on June 10, 2018. Arrived at trail camp at about 7 a m. Started up chute and were considering turning back when four people slid down at over 30 mph completely out of control. They fell over 1,000 vertical feet. Screaming, bouncing, did not stop til bottom snow pack. Head injuries, broken bones, hypothermia, among injuries. Helicopters took ...
Read more : Mt Whitney Multiple Injuries June 11 2018 | Views : 2949 | Replies : 1

Cloudripper <-> Picture Puzzle

Anyone got intel on the ridge between Cloudripper and Picture Puzzle? I was admiring it from below last time I was out there, wondering if there's any chance of it being doable at class-3/4.
Read more : Cloudripper <-> Picture Puzzle | Views : 2007 | Replies : 0

Mini-trip report for Lassen

On June 3, I climbed Lassen Peak and thought I'd post a couple of photos in case anyone is wondering about conditions.

The trail is about 50 percent dirt and 50 percent snow. Of course, if you prefer snow, you could ascend the slopes that skiers and snowboarders are using to descend and avoid more of the dirt.

About 60 degrees when I started at 9 a.m. Perfect weather -- didn't need anything more than ...
Read more : Mini-trip report for Lassen | Views : 3260 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574