It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:37 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Mt Whitney Memorial Day Summit 5/27/18

http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthread ... #Post53296

Rescue on Whitney Trail 5/30 or 31

Inyo County Sheriff's Office
19 hrs ·
Today CHP - Inland Division Air Operations and Inyo SAR volunteers assisted a hiker who was reported to be between Trail Crest and Trail Camp on the Mt Whitney trail.
The team located the subject; he was hungry, cold, and had sustained minor abrasions from a tumble down a snowfield after another hiker ...
Read more : Mt Whitney Memorial Day Summit 5/27/18 | Views : 2573 | Replies : 0

Lost rope in the Palisades

I found a new rope in the Palisades on the North Fork of Big Pine Creek side. It was sitting in the open and obviously not cached. It was still there 3 days later when I returned from the glacier after everybody had cleared out of the area. It looks new and unused (or barely used).

Before I donate it to make rope rugs I wanted to put the word out. If you're missing a ...
Read more : Lost rope in the Palisades | Views : 1647 | Replies : 0

Conditions on Mount Sill/ Polemonium

Hello, I am making a trip on June 20 to Mount Sill and Polemonium Peak. I am planning to take the South Fork trail and go up the North Couloir of Mount Sill, then traverse along the ridge to Polemonium. One of our party has never done Sill, so we will do Sill on the return, if time permits. What do you think the snow conditions will be in June? The normal route, to access ...
Read more : Conditions on Mount Sill/ Polemonium | Views : 1696 | Replies : 0

Sequoia-Kings Canyon, Large Group Dining

Our Boy Scout Troop is looking for a location to have a celebratory dinner after 6 days on the trail in July. I called the Peaks Restaurant but they said they won't be able to support a group of 30. They put me on to the Wuksachi Lodge Event Coordinator who can book a conference room which they use for Weddings etc, with options for a Buffet or a set Menu.

I'm looking for suggestions ...
Read more : Sequoia-Kings Canyon, Large Group Dining | Views : 2644 | Replies : 3

kearsarge pass / ov?

Anyone been up to Onion Valley and/or Kearsarge Pass lately? I am wondering how passable it is with the low snow this winter.
Read more : kearsarge pass / ov? | Views : 2727 | Replies : 1

Solo Day Climb (CA, AZ, UT)

Evening/Morning/Arvo (or whatever time it is over there!),

I’m finally making my way over the water for the first time (from Australia) in October, but unfortunately it’s for a work conference and don’t have a lot of spare time. The conference is in Anaheim, but I’ve told work they can go get stuffed if they think I’m going to the US without heading east into the mountains for a few days (must do’s are Death ...
Read more : Solo Day Climb (CA, AZ, UT) | Views : 3353 | Replies : 13

Helicopter Rescue near San Bernadino Peak

Hiker slipped on ice and fell 500 feet near San Bernadino Peak
https://www.sbsun.com/2018/03/25/sherif ... dino-peak/

Another rescue on San Gorgonio
https://www.sbsun.com/2018/03/26/san-di ... mountains/
Read more : Helicopter Rescue near San Bernadino Peak | Views : 2229 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595