It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Mount Brewer - East Ridge

A buddy and I are looking to a two day trip out of roads end next week. I’ve been eyeing Mount Brewer. I’m thinking due to limited time - we want to stay on lower elevation and trails for the approach as long as possible. For this reason I think hiking into East Lake would be best as opposed too up Sphinx Creek and over the Col.

From East Lake looks like the plan is ...
Read more : Mount Brewer - East Ridge | Views : 2456 | Replies : 7

35 miles from any Humans...

Spent the day at one of my favorite spots on this planet , 35 miles from the closest humans, rebolting some anchors and climbing some moderate dirty .9's & .10's.

Jamie getting things ready..

Jamie doing the deal...
Read more : 35 miles from any Humans... | Views : 2989 | Replies : 10

Tuttle Creek TH Conditions + S Face Routes of LPP beta

Hey there, I was contemplating a trip Sun-Mon to climb either the Winter Route or Winter Chimney on LPP's south face. I've read very little about either other than what is on SP and in the Secor book....

So what I'm sayin' (or askin') is two things:

1. What are current road conditions for Tuttle Creek TH?

2. Does anybody have any info RE: either of the aforementioned routes on Lone Pine Peak?

Thanks so ...
Read more : Tuttle Creek TH Conditions + S Face Routes of LPP beta | Views : 2151 | Replies : 7

Jepson Bowl question

The north side of Jepson Peak (in the San Bernardino Mountains) is split into Big Draw and Little Draw. Which of those draws is Jepson Bowl? I don't think that Jepson Bowl includes both draws, but I guess that's also a possibility.
Read more : Jepson Bowl question | Views : 1407 | Replies : 5

Best Peak in Yosemite

If you could summit one peak in Yosemite (other than Half Dome) that is class 3-4 or less, what would it be?
Read more : Best Peak in Yosemite | Views : 13259 | Replies : 48

Will I avoid the crowd - Half Dome Cables

I am going to be going up Half Dome via the cables route on Thursday, July 22nd. What time is the latest I could start to avoid the crowds at the cables?
Read more : Will I avoid the crowd - Half Dome Cables | Views : 8678 | Replies : 24

Birch Lake TH

Anybody have recent info on the drive in to Birch Mtn/lake/creek TH? I've got a not particularly high clearance sedan which I can't afford to replace any time soon. Thanks!
Read more : Birch Lake TH | Views : 1281 | Replies : 3

Crescent Moon Couloir

Anyone know how the conditions look for doing Crescent Moon Couloir this weekend?
Thanks!
Read more : Crescent Moon Couloir | Views : 968 | Replies : 2

lost coast ticks wtf

fyi i was in the kings range above the lost coast this weekend, in a 4 mile section i probably found like 30 ticks on my clothes or pack, it was crazy - just a heads up to anyone going there.
Read more : lost coast ticks wtf | Views : 2397 | Replies : 0

Langley trail conditions?

Has anyone been up Langley recently? Looking at going up around the first week of June, and I was wondering what the trail conditions were.

Thanks!
Read more : Langley trail conditions? | Views : 885 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136406