It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Bachar Boulders/Deadman Summit Conditions

I would imagine the Bachar boulders are snowfree.
Is there still snow at the base of Deadmans 1?
thanks,
tiogap
Speedy End Retirement Home
Read more : Bachar Boulders/Deadman Summit Conditions | Views : 587 | Replies : 0

Santa Rosa Mountain/Toro Peak Road Condition

Anyone know if the gate to this road is open? Anyone been up in that area lately?
Read more : Santa Rosa Mountain/Toro Peak Road Condition | Views : 1280 | Replies : 0

Mammoth area BC ski daytrip recommendations

Gonna be on the eastside briefly this weekend and want to sneak in a quick (say, 8 hr) ski around Mammoth. We all suck at skiing, so we're looking for something moderate (say, black diamond ish at most--don't worry, we possess basic competence and have skied Whitney below the notch, Ol' Greyback, etc). Don't have a book on me at the moment, so do you guys have any recommendations?
Read more : Mammoth area BC ski daytrip recommendations | Views : 3234 | Replies : 15

Tallac

Anyone been on it in the last week or two ? Wondering about the Cross snow coverage as well as what I heard is a new parking requirement. (No more Spring Creek Access ?) Thanks, Scott
Read more : Tallac | Views : 946 | Replies : 1

Chimney Meadow

I just want to ask if anybody knows whether there is a trail going from Chimney Meadows (coming from Nine Mile Canyon) to Chimney Campground? On the map there seems to be a trail through what appears to be a gorge of Chimney Creek but I don't find any intel about that path. Thanks.
Read more : Chimney Meadow | Views : 1028 | Replies : 0

Mt. Williamson by George Creek info?

http://www.snwburd.com/bob/trip_reports ... son_3.html

driving directions: http://climber.org/DrivingDirections/Ge ... tml#george
you can get very close to the TH with a 2wd passenger car. you'll have to drive across Bair's creek. it looks scary because of the deep water but we did it in a 2wd passenger car.

been up that way twice. bushwhacking isn't as bad as people make it out to be. do wear ...
Read more : Mt. Williamson by George Creek info? | Views : 15476 | Replies : 22

Palisades trail conditions? (big pine north fork)

headed up to palisades this weekend. was curious about how much snow coverage there is on the trail... i am guessing it is prolly dry up to 1st or 2nd lake...? thanks! :D
Read more : Palisades trail conditions? (big pine north fork) | Views : 20694 | Replies : 77

Matterhorn Peak

Has anyone been up this way lately? How are the snow conditions? I was thinking about doing the east couloir this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
Read more : Matterhorn Peak | Views : 4711 | Replies : 17

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136406