It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:29 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

SIERRA BUTTES - Lake Tahoe Basin

Not at the top of everyone's list but has anyone seen the Sierra Buttes and how much snow is up there?
Read more : SIERRA BUTTES - Lake Tahoe Basin | Views : 1390 | Replies : 0

Anyone with good pics of the Thor Peak SE couloir?

Preferably in the snow. I once tried to find this couloir and it took me forever. It's somewhere around the log crossing on the Whitney MT. Does anyone have some good pics?
Read more : Anyone with good pics of the Thor Peak SE couloir? | Views : 518 | Replies : 0

San Gorgonio Conditions

Going to do some spring skiing this weekend!

Anybody who recently been back there have any info?

I would like to know where on South Fork does the snow start, for skinning? Or if I can just hike up to south fork meadows.

Also, and recent ski descent info back there would be appreciated (snow pit dug, conditions, etc... if you have any info)

Thanks
Read more : San Gorgonio Conditions | Views : 14267 | Replies : 45

Whitney Mountaineer's Route vs. Sill North Couloir

The title says it all...

How does the Whitney Mountaineer's Route compare with Sill's North Couloir?

I know the time of the year matters, so let's say WMR in April (actually, as it was about 10 days ago) vs. Sill in mid-June.

Both are rated Class 3 in the Porcella/Burns book.

Thanks for the input.
Read more : Whitney Mountaineer's Route vs. Sill North Couloir | Views : 5687 | Replies : 10

A-Hills Update.....

OK, I have asked and have taken over the A-Hills Page from Misha.

Please give me feedback on what needs adjusting.

Also, here is an update of the current work both Jamie B and I have completed on the Anchor Replacements:

WESTERN WALL

- High Plains Drifter & Hang em High COMBINED to ONE ANCHOR
(the two original were no more than 26" apart so I put a new set in the middle of the ...
Read more : A-Hills Update..... | Views : 1301 | Replies : 4

Current conditions on Middle Palisade?

Anyone know what the current conditions are like on the North East Face of Middle Palisade? Is the road open to the trialhead? Is there snow in the main chute? How is the approach this time of year?

Thanks!
Read more : Current conditions on Middle Palisade? | Views : 1875 | Replies : 1

Sierra/San Gabriel Partners

I'm looking for people from the LA area that do local San Gabriel peak day trips, and Sierra peak overnighters (class 2-3). All my friends who like the mountains, are busy and don't have much any time. I'm sick of waiting for them to be available. I have a very flexible work schedule and am mostly available on weekdays, but weekends too.

Anyone else out there that's like that and want's a buddy?

P.S. are ...
Read more : Sierra/San Gabriel Partners | Views : 1775 | Replies : 9

So I'm flying into Reno (CA related)

to climb Mt. Shasta on Wed. The weather doesn't look great, so I'm wondering if there is any descent sport climbing between Reno and Shasta (willing to drive south if need be) I don't have any climbing guides for the region. Any suggetions would be much apprectiated. I'd love to take advantage of some extra time whil I await the summit.
Thanks,
Matt
Read more : So I'm flying into Reno (CA related) | Views : 559 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459