It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 10:02 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

JTree / Yosemite Valley in Spring

I realize that this is most likely not the most opportune time to be climbing due to the wet season but i am forced to utilize this time window to check out the area. Any areas in the valley or jtree that are known to be fairly reliable (stay dry) ? I would even take some suggestions on some nice hikes within the valley. Being that i have never been to either place i would ...
Read more : JTree / Yosemite Valley in Spring | Views : 1964 | Replies : 8

Casaval Ridge - Descent options in April?

Wondering what the descent options are when doing this in early April? Glissading down Avalanche Gulch would be great but "avalanche" gulch might not be very safe that time of the year. Any other options for a fast descent (as in glissading) ?

Does Casaval Ridge top out at 13k? From the pictures it seems to be roughly the same height as the Red Banks. Do you continue towards Misery Hill just like the AG ...
Read more : Casaval Ridge - Descent options in April? | Views : 3031 | Replies : 9

Can anyone identify this rock and it's location?

My g/f is an avid outdoor photographer and, as we suspect, it's up near/in the Buttermilks, she wants to shoot it this weekend. Thanks!

Photo credit to Jeff Sullivan: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreysullivan/
Read more : Can anyone identify this rock and it's location? | Views : 1961 | Replies : 8

Bridwellfest 2010: Tribute To An American Climbing Hero

Just wanted to link this to SP. Tood Gordon is inviting all from the climbing community to join him at his rancheria in Joshua Tree to pay tribute to Jim Bridwell, the father of modern day big wall climbing and beyond. I'd say more but the post on Supertopo spells it out. I'm there!! :D

Bridwellfest 2010 @ Todd Gordon's Ranch (Joshua Tree), April 24th
Read more : Bridwellfest 2010: Tribute To An American Climbing Hero | Views : 550 | Replies : 1

Sidewinder Peak?

Anyone heard or know of a high desert peak outside of Barstow called Sidewinder Peak or Sidewinder Mtn?? Got a source if you do?
Read more : Sidewinder Peak? | Views : 744 | Replies : 3

Whitney permit system

Yes, it's a System. Involves stamp collecting and a leaf blower. Who'd a thunk it? :)

Whitney Lottery

And if you didn't get your application in already, I think you missed this year's initial deadline.
Read more : Whitney permit system | Views : 5941 | Replies : 18

Ski Baldy Cheap

If anyone is interested, I have some vouchers for the Mt Baldy ski area. I think its around 55 bucks for a lift ticket, I will sell the vouchers for 20 each or best offer

PM me for details
Read more : Ski Baldy Cheap | Views : 978 | Replies : 1

Eagle Creek Canyon ice conditions?

Anybody been up there recently, know what the ice is like? Howz about Cold Stream Canyon? Thanks for any updates.
Read more : Eagle Creek Canyon ice conditions? | Views : 1620 | Replies : 0

Telescope Peak - from the east

Does anyone have a recent picture of Telescope peak from the east that they wouldn't mind posting?

Thanks!
Read more : Telescope Peak - from the east | Views : 4366 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558010 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136545