It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:47 pm

News News of Canada & Alaska

Site map of Canada & Alaska » Forum : Canada & Alaska

Find climbing partners in Canada and Alaska.

Third for Denali West Rib June 2017

Hey All,

My friend and I are looking for a third to climb the full West Rib of Denali in June 2016. We're looking at arriving June 15th-16th then establishing base camp at 14,200ft, acclimatizing and then returning to 7,800ft when there is a good weather window to do an ascend of the West Rib. I'm located in the Bay Area, CA and he is up in Eugene, OR. We're looking at 3 weeks total ...
Read more : Third for Denali West Rib June 2017 | Views : 8060 | Replies : 4

Alaska Range - Mountaineering Partner - Spring/Summer 2017

I am looking for few people to team up with for - Alaska Range Exploration.

My Basic Plan is to - setup a Base Camp in Kahiltna Glacier and do - Day climbing as much as we can to the nearby Peaks.

Need suggestions from - Whoever interested and we can lay out the final Plan.

There are plenty of Peaks in the area with Lots of Glaciers and different terrains to get true mountaineering ...
Read more : Alaska Range - Mountaineering Partner - Spring/Summer 2017 | Views : 5019 | Replies : 0

Denali June 2016

Gave the West Buttress a shot this past summer but the weather did not cooperate. I'd love to give it another go this coming June but since I live in rural Alaska finding partners can be tough. If anyone is interested in getting a team together let me know. I'd be free for a training climb the second week of March.

Andrew
Read more : Denali June 2016 | Views : 8235 | Replies : 1

Hiking partner in Banff -- July 25-28?

I'm going to be in Banff July 25th-28th. Looking to see if anyone would like bag some peaks together. If you're around or interested, let me know!
Read more : Hiking partner in Banff -- July 25-28? | Views : 6031 | Replies : 0

Denali Trip May 2016

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask those that have climbed Denali if it appropriate to climb with just 2 members? And also that there are 2 of us from Australia looking at climbing through May if anyone about wants to join our team?

Safe climbing
Jason
Read more : Denali Trip May 2016 | Views : 8581 | Replies : 3

Mount Brooks in the AK Range June 25-July 2nd

Is anyone interested in climb Mount Brooks in the Alaska Range from June 25th through July 2nd? The dates are a little flexible but we are planning to arrive at Denali NP June 24th this summer and I am looking for someone to ascend Brooks with.
Read more : Mount Brooks in the AK Range June 25-July 2nd | Views : 6214 | Replies : 0

Waddington or Bugaboos?

Want to do something big during the short Canadian alpine window. Waddington (1st choice) or Bugaboos highest on the list for now. I could be available by ~ August 1. Seattle-North Cascades-ish until then. About me- I've got a ride, a rack, & a rope. Good safety record, bad humor. Lead 5.10ish, WI4, C2, etc. etc. on a good day. Climbs I've done include all of the CO & CA 14ers, Pothole Dome, 56/58 of ...
Read more : Waddington or Bugaboos? | Views : 11104 | Replies : 3

Juneau

Hello,

I'm going to be in Juneau the last week of July 2013 and I'm looking for someone to hike with. This will be my first time hiking in Alaska. I'm not sure yet what day I will be able to hike, but it will be somewhere between July 29 - Aug 2. Most likely it will be 30, 31 or the 1st.

I was looking at doing West Glacier Trail to Mount McGinnis or ...
Read more : Juneau | Views : 8945 | Replies : 1

Just got to Alaska

I am working a seasonal job in Chugach NF and I am looking for some climbing partners and adventure goers while I am out here. I have NEVER been to ALASKA before...but DAMN AM I STOKED on it already.
I have been climbing only for a little over a year. I just stared leading, but still consider myself a beginner since I am not self sufficient and I am working on learning the mechanics of ...
Read more : Just got to Alaska | Views : 8949 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136427