It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:08 am

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

FYI: new BC Skiing Guidebook by Joe Stock: The Alaska Factor

Howdy folks,
FYI: It looks like Joe Stock has a new backcountry skiing guidebook:
The Alaska Factor: Backcountry Skiing in Southcentral Alaska
http://www.stockalpine.com/the-alaska-factor/
Read more : FYI: new BC Skiing Guidebook by Joe Stock: The Alaska Factor | Views : 4206 | Replies : 0

Climbing up from Whistler village to Summit of Whistler Climbing up from Whistler village to Summit of Whistler

Greetings!

I will be in Whistler/Blackcomb for Christmas skiing. One of the days, I was thinking of following a sking trail up from the village to the summit of Whistler. I had the following questions/concerns and wanted to seek your help:

1. Do they allow people to walk at the edge of the ski trails climbing up?
2. How long will it take to walk up from the village to the top of 'Little Whistler ...
Read more : Climbing up from Whistler village to Summit of Whistler | Views : 4265 | Replies : 2

1973 CAJ

I'm trying to research a peak in Southeastern Alaska's Coast Mountains and was wondering if someone might be able to forward me a copy of pages 6 and 7 of the 1973 Canadian Alpine Journal.

I had reviewed this copy previously at a local library, but the library doesn't seem to have it any longer.

scgruhn AT gmail DOT com.
Read more : 1973 CAJ | Views : 3409 | Replies : 2

Grizzly Mauling in Denali

Read more : Grizzly Mauling in Denali | Views : 6252 | Replies : 14

Edith Cavell Icefall

Marjor Icefall on Edith Cavell. The road is closed indefinately. I guess the ice fall caused a suami that washed out the road. Luckily it happened at night and nobody was hurt.

Does anyone have any further details??
Read more : Edith Cavell Icefall | Views : 2574 | Replies : 2

Mountain Film Festival Comes to Bragg Creek, AB on Sep 8th!

Bragg Creek & Kananaskis Outdoor Recreation (BCKOR) will be bringing adrenaline and inspiration to the Bragg Creek Community Center on September 8th as they host the Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) “Best of the Fest”

VIMFF Best of the Fest, will inspire, scare, thrill and warm your heart. Unique award-winning and favorite short outdoor films chronicle life altering adventures and cultures from all corners of the globe. The films follow adventurers as they conquer ...
Read more : Mountain Film Festival Comes to Bragg Creek, AB on Sep 8th! | Views : 2994 | Replies : 0

Backpacking in Denali National Park

I've had a trip planned to Alaska since the beginning of the year. Leaving LA on August 25, and coming back September 1. I'm planning on doing 4-5 days of backpacking through Denali National Park. I'm posting here for 2 reasons:

1. My buddy who was supposed to go with me bailed due to family stuff, so I need to find another partner to join me. Please let me know if you have interest in ...
Read more : Backpacking in Denali National Park | Views : 3124 | Replies : 0

Alberta/BC Northern Pike Fishing

Howdy. I am taking The Boy up to the CR for 9 days starting next week. We are doing a bunch of hiking but also he wants to catch fish with teeth, which to me means Northern Pike. Does anyone know the better lakes for them? I have identified one called Lake Talbot in Jasper but it's right on the highway--any others? And suggestions for where to rent fishing gear? Many thanks!
Read more : Alberta/BC Northern Pike Fishing | Views : 3179 | Replies : 2

Searching for Curent Route Conditions

Heading up to Banff on the 14th of the month. Looking for route conditions on the following:
- East ridge Mount Temple
- Northwest ridge of Sir Donald
- North face of Athabasca

Thanks for any info!
Read more : Searching for Curent Route Conditions | Views : 2200 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595