It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 7:01 pm

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

FS: 2 Packs and Jetboil Helios

I bought my wife 3 packs to try from an REI garage sale the other day so here are the 2 she didn't want and I'm just asking the price I paid, and then a Jetboil Helios that has been used for 2 nights out and is still practically new, other than the auto igniter not working.

All prices include shipping:

Osprey Atmost 65 size small (blue) - $130 obo

Gregory Z35 size small (blue) ...
Read more : FS: 2 Packs and Jetboil Helios | Views : 1557 | Replies : 0

Best Snowshoes for Catskills / Adirondacks Winter Hiking??

Looking to do some hiking / peak bagging this winter season in the Northeast...

Have done a bunch of summer hiking in the northeast and have cimbed Rainier and Baker, but never used snowshoes in my adventures.

Anyone have thoughts? I'm relatively new to the board. Much reading, little posting. Thanks!

PS - Accidently posted this under CA forum before, so apologies if it comes up twice
Read more : Best Snowshoes for Catskills / Adirondacks Winter Hiking?? | Views : 11304 | Replies : 33

I need a bag for winter mountaineering...

Ive got a Marmot Pinnacle 15Deg bag I use for backpacking and non-winter mountaineering, but I'm planning on doing a few 14ers this winter and I think a warmer bag would be needed and I'm looking for advice.

I'm considering getting a below zero rated bag like the Western Mountaineering Puma -25 or the Feathered Friends equivalent, but I'm wondering also if a 0 Degree bag like the Western Mountaineering Kodiak might be sufficient. I ...
Read more : I need a bag for winter mountaineering... | Views : 3831 | Replies : 12

FS:Koflach Arctic Expedition boots

The boots are in excellent shape, they have been used only 4 or 5 times ice climbing.
The size is 9 US with original liners.The liners were never pre-heated. Price is $250
Pick up possible in Manhattan. Or shipping available for additional $20
Read more : FS:Koflach Arctic Expedition boots | Views : 1841 | Replies : 0

Washing Softshells

I have heard Woolite is ok, and I have heard the Nikwax is the way to go. Can anyone help me out there on what they have done, and recommend? I need to wash my pants...
Read more : Washing Softshells | Views : 8524 | Replies : 11

Westcomb For Sale

Take a look...

http://boulder.craigslist.org/clo/1440598472.html

More pictures available. PM or email if interested. Thanks!
Read more : Westcomb For Sale | Views : 1749 | Replies : 0

Western Mountaineering

Does anyone have experience with the Western Mountaineering Meltdown Jacket? I have a brand new Mountain Hardwear Sub Zero Parka but I've been looking at the Meltdown as well and trying to decide between the two...
Read more : Western Mountaineering | Views : 2038 | Replies : 0

Headlamp- Can a Niterider mountaineer?

My question is after my last trip my headlamp is dead. I am an avid mountain biker. When mountaineering I was thinking why couldn't I simple take my HID Niterider 900 lumes bike light? The battery has a cable so I could carry it in my jacket and keep it warm. It is a bit heavier than a normal headlamp but not by much. So, has anyone ever used a Niterider for this purpose? Anyone ...
Read more : Headlamp- Can a Niterider mountaineer? | Views : 2415 | Replies : 6

For Sale: Asolo Summit Boots & Arcteryx Jacket

Need to fund some purchases and trips. If you don't like the price, make me an offer.

1. Asolo Summit Boots (Men, 8-1/2 USA). $150 shipped or best offer. Excellent ice and winter boots. I wouldn't take them to Denali but they are perfect for local ice cragging. Only use for twice this year before ice season was over.

2. Arcteryx Beta LT Jacket (Men, Large). $200 shipped or best offer. I ...
Read more : For Sale: Asolo Summit Boots & Arcteryx Jacket | Views : 2585 | Replies : 0

Ice Axe Spike Replacement

Has anyone replaced the spike on their axe? I have a Grivel Air Tech Racing that I love, except for the aluminum spike. It looks like I could drill out a rivet, remove and replace the spike, and re-rivet it.
Read more : Ice Axe Spike Replacement | Views : 2451 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558010 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136547