It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 10:57 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Cheap Website for Gear?

Does anybody know what sites sell gear a bit cheaper than others? I'm starting to complete my rack and would like to find some good deals.
Read more : Cheap Website for Gear? | Views : 2723 | Replies : 7

what is in your alpine rack ?

Hey !

i am just curious to know what do you carry on moderate and technical climb on alpine grounds ?

so far in my rack i got:

nuts (1-10)(some double)
hexes (4-9)
tricam (.25-8 )
cams (1,2,3,4)

6 locking biners
12 wiregate biners
1 atc

60m dry rope(10.5mm mammut matterhorn)
slings (3x30cm 2x60cm, 3x120cm, 1x200cm)
5xscreamers
20m 7mm cordelette
5m 6mm cordelette
3 prussiks loop(1 long 2 shorter)
1metolius P.A.S.

6 BD express screws ...
Read more : what is in your alpine rack ? | Views : 25225 | Replies : 25

Hiking/trekking shoes?

I am very puzzled. 1½ years ago I bought a pair of Raichle nova xcr ls trekking shoes. I have used them moderately, but nothing really hardcore. I noticed the bottom layer of sole had started peeling away on the right shoe, so I brought it to be fixed. The repair-guy found out that the middle layer had started going soft, so any repair wouldn't really hold.

So now I've got a pair of 300 ...
Read more : Hiking/trekking shoes? | Views : 9442 | Replies : 18

FS: Gregory Makalu Pro Pack

Classic top loader suitable for backpacking and expeditions. No external zippers except in large top flap. Constructed from super strong Spectra fabrics. Side compression straps, crampon patch, 2 ice axe loops, 2 daisy chains, & 2 lg mesh side pockets. Very comfortable suspension system. For add’l info see:
http://www.gregorypacks.com/products/me ... alu-pro-70

Size medium: 4200 cu. in., 4lbs 15oz, torso length 18’ – 20”, waist belt 28” – 34”.
Used ...
Read more : FS: Gregory Makalu Pro Pack | Views : 1661 | Replies : 0

Stored ropes

My scout troop has about 10 ropes in storage. They were bought between January of 2000 and October of 2001. They live in a closed plastic tote 365/24/7. At most, they have been used 5 times for top roping. Due to age though, they all have to be retired.

It breaks the heart though to see an unused (seriously, never even uncoiled) 10.2 mm x 60 meter Sterling dynamic lined up for destruction. If it's ...
Read more : Stored ropes | Views : 18296 | Replies : 16

Koflach Degree Mountaineering Boots Size EU6.5/US7

These have only been used a few times are in like new condition. To see actual photos of the boots check out the posting on ebay below. If you are interested in buying them from me and not on ebay (with paypal though) shoot me a message- or if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ethan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
Read more : Koflach Degree Mountaineering Boots Size EU6.5/US7 | Views : 2463 | Replies : 2

Stretched double rope - safe?

We did a rescue a couple months back that involved pulling a person up a full pitch. We used an 8.5 double in the hauling system. The person was probably around 150 lbs. The rope is now a little longer than the other rope, probably about 3-4 feet. Can a dynamic rope really permanently stretch like that? Is it safe to climb on? The sheath is not damaged and we could not feel any flat ...
Read more : Stretched double rope - safe? | Views : 1761 | Replies : 2

Anyone use the new SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger

Hey guys!

So I see the new SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger just came out recently. Does anyone have any experience with this one? I know the personal tracker was the first generation and it was just alright.. so I am curious with this new one.

Let me know if anyone has used it.

Thanks guys
Read more : Anyone use the new SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger | Views : 9700 | Replies : 19

FS: Marmot La Grave Jacket $300 obo

Up for sale is a brand new Marmot La Grave jacket black size medium that retails for $475.00. I am asking $300obo. The jacket has never been worn and I still have the tags. Just not a good fit for me, it is a little too big. Let me know if you have questions.

http://marmot.com/fall_2009/mens/outerw ... ave_jacket
Read more : FS: Marmot La Grave Jacket $300 obo | Views : 2062 | Replies : 0

Wind Proof Tent...less noise...is there such a thing?

Most of the time while sleeping in a tent when the winds whip up It does not bother me to much...For some reason this last time it seemed to really bother me especially because it kept me awake a good part of the night..with the flapping of the tent going like crazy!

I am just wondering if someone knows of a tent that is going to be less noisy in high winds?
Read more : Wind Proof Tent...less noise...is there such a thing? | Views : 21028 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558012 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136555